Edmonton, Alberta , T5R 1N4
Store Manager Position Available at the Edmonton Mission Thrift Store
BFM Foundation (Canada) is a national organization with over 45 thrift stores across Canada. The net revenue from all BFM Thrift Stores is devoted to Joint Ministry of BFM Foundation Canada and Bible League Canada. These funds are used to establish adult literacy programs, church planter training, children’s ministry programs, and distributes Bibles in many places around the world. The stores operate primarily by dedicated volunteers.
The Edmonton Mission Thrift Store (MTS) has a Store Manager position available (30h/wk). The Manager must understand and support the Vision and Purpose of BFM Foundation (Canada). The successful candidate will have strong relational qualities who can train and coordinate volunteers to effectively operate the Store. The Manager needs to be vibrant, passionate and have an entrepreneurial spirit. The successful candidate must understand/respect the needs and wants of a Thrift Store customer. Understanding inventory control, pricing, health and safety regulations, delegating, and motivating would be an asset.
Knowledge and Experience
- knowledge of retail, leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/volunteer organizations
- management experience in non-profit/volunteer sector desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- report to the Edmonton MTS Board monthly
- coordinate the work of volunteers to ensure consistent application of store policies and procedures and good communication between shifts.
- work in a retail environment, managing all facets of a Thrift Store including product placement, pricing, advertising, store layout, and any needed maintenance work;
- create, maintain and use financial information to optimize sales revenue.
attend and report on store progress at the monthly Board meetings along with recommending - --changes to policies or procedures that will improve store operations.
this is a 3/4 permanent salary position which will require flexible hours to accommodate Board Meetings, and cross-shift scheduling. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel your skills/gifts could help advance the purpose of Bibles for Missions, we would love to hear from you! For application details please call John Feddes (780-487-2648) for email details. Please email resume to John or mail to Edmonton Mission Thrift Store, 15222 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton, AB, T5P 3Y5. Application deadline is Sept 15, 2018.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Visit http://www.bfmthriftstores.ca to view Bibles For Missions: Mission and Vision statements.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 5665 ]