Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Youth Pastor (part-time)
Youth Pastor (part-time)
North York, Ontario , M2H 2S6
About Bridgeway Church
We are a community in the north end of Toronto that seeks to live out Christ’s command to Love God and Love Our Neighbours. We strongly believe in being an intergenerational community where people of all ages and life circumstances can worship and fellowship and learn together to become disciples of Jesus Christ in everyday life. Though we began mainly as a second-generation Korean church, we are slowly growing into a multi-ethnic church that desires to serve both locally and abroad. We are seeking a youth pastor who has a long-term vision to be active within the community and is also open to being mentored and equipped for local church ministry.
Although they’ve grown up together, our Youth Group is a newly formed ministry and so the Youth Pastor, in cooperation with the rest of the Bridgeway Staff, would play a large role in developing the ministry vision and direction that would enable the youth to explore and live out God’s kingdom reality in everyday life. The youth pastor will be a key part of the leadership team, and Bridgeway will be committed to helping him or her grow.
- Developing a yearly curriculum and ministry plan with the Staff that revolves around the year’s theme
- Promoting intergenerational community by keeping the youth connected and involved with the larger community on Sundays and other church-wide events
- Leading Bible studies and small group discussions on Sundays (and eventually Friday evenings as the group grows)
- Planning and implementation of fellowship events to create communal bonds (e.g. a retreat either within the youth group or as part of a larger retreat like Vision X Retreat, day excursions, fellowship nights, etc.)
- Attending Sunday worship, weekly Staff meetings, various ministry meetings (as necessary), preaching on occasion to the entire congregation, church-wide events, etc.
- M.Div. from an accredited seminary (graduated or current student)
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ rooted in Scripture, prayer, worship, and community
- A desire to pastor, teach, learn and grow in ministry
- An understanding of Korean-Canadian church culture or a willingness to learn
- Previous ministry experience preferred, but not necessary
Start Date and Salary
- Start Date: September 1st, 2018
- Up to $1000/month (to be discussed during the interview process and based on qualifications and experience)
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Résumé with cover letter and personal/family photo
- Statement of Faith/Testimony
- Audio or Video of two most recent sermons (if available)
We invite all to apply, however, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview. If selected and you require specific accommodations to be made during the selection process, please let us know in advance so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 5732 ]