Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Maintenance Staff Associate
Maintenance Staff Associate
Toronto, Ontario , M2M3S4
The Maintenance Staff Associate provides maintenance and upkeep to the Tyndale physical building, furnishings and grounds as a place for business, residence, and education in partnership with the Campus Facilities team. The Associate helps to ensure the day-to-day maintenance and operations of Tyndale’s campus.
Building Maintenance & Upkeep
- Work with the Campus Facilities team to ensure the completion of maintenance projects and help desk requests in compliance with the department’s Health & Safety policies and procedures e.g. painting, electrical, plumbing, repairs of furniture & walls, minor projects, locks & doors, custodial, etc.
- Assists Supervisor with contractor liaison management on site
- Ensures workshop is organized and clean; maintains equipment & tools.
- Completes Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preventive maintenance requests
Events, Setups & Office Moves
- Assists with regular, internal setups & resets and major event setups
- Assists with crowd and parking control as necessary
- Assists Supervisor with scheduled offices moves and public furniture moves and furniture requests
- Daily inspection and reset of building furniture
- Ensures safe walkways and entrances due to snow and ice; snow-shoveling and salting as necessary
- Tree trimming and branch removal
- Seasonal gardening as needed
- Waste Management
- Assist with property safety inspections
- Assist in security and first aid/ CPR response, flood, power outages, etc.
- High School Diploma, College preferred
- 0-6 months related experience
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to use various hand tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible, with the ability to work with distractions and adjust to change
- Honest and dependable
- A Christian with a keen desire to serve family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to Tyndale’s mission, values, Statement of Faith and Community Standards Statement.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Requires standing and moving for a significant amount of time
- Ability to work in a duty and noisy environment at times
- Ability to lift minimum 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a hot/cold work environment
- Overtime may be required in the event of an emergency response/event
- Ability to perform repeated tasks that require certain level of strength
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5738 ]