Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Beausejour, Manitoba , R0E 0C0
Elim Baptist Church Pastoral Job Description
Through prayer we have discerned that the Lord has lead us to compose the following job description. We believe that somewhere God has been preparing the right man for the job here at Elim. Through the explanation below we hope that God will stir your heart to see the potential of the Elim Baptist Church and give you an idea for who it is that our church is looking for at this juncture in our church’s history.
These are the qualities we’re looking for in a pastor:
Love – Enthusiastically exhibited towards God and people, both those inside and outside the church.
Evangelistic/Out Reach Oriented – Desire and drive to lead the church in helping lost people come to Jesus.
Wise/Humble Leader – The ability to be a leader marked with Godly wisdom while at the same time maintaining a humility that makes them desirable to follow.
Biblical Teacher – A teacher who speaks the truth of the bible in a way that helps us apply it to our lives in the world today.
Team Player Mentality – Someone who recognizes that we’re all in this together, we all have a part to play, and we’re all seeking to do the will of God, not the will of one or two people.
Speak the Truth in Love – Someone who will not shy away from the truth but will speak it in a way that love is at the heart of the message.
Culturally Aware/Community Centric – Someone who is willing to make knowing the culture of the community their business and someone who find ways to be involved in the community as a church leader and as an individual.
What the Elim Baptist Church has to offer our next pastor:
We are a very small church (average attendance of about 30) with a heart eager to serve the Lord and a willingness to change and develop our church so that we are more effective in reaching our community. We’re not “locked in” on any one way of doing ministry that would force our next pastor to do things “our way.”
Our next pastor will have…
- Our loyalty and support
- A Church eager to grow spiritually and numerically
- Opportunities to dream and cast new vision with us
- Freedom to equip this church for ministry into our community
- We have a longstanding history in Beausejour and maintain good relationships with other churches in town who share the same heart for the community as we do.
- There are plans in place for a “grassroots” style youth drop in centre between Elim and two other churches
- There is a steady gospel music ministry here at Elim that blesses many of the Christians in the surrounding area
- Basically, we are group of people that wants to be the church of the New Testament
We would be very excited if our next pastor helped initiate:
- A youth group ministry
- A strategy to reach young families
- A plan to care for and minister to the changing needs of the seniors of our church
Responsibilities of the pastoral role of Elim Baptist Church:
Primary Function: To minister to the congregation of the Elim Baptist Church by providing long-term pastoral leadership to its members and adherents and by helping carry out the ministry vision and goals of the church.
The following constitute the major responsibilities of the Pastor:
- To regularly prepare messages, preach, and teach the Word of God in order to equip the church for ministry, to sustain sound doctrine, and to administer the ordinances.
- To plan and lead worship services in consultation with the music committee.
- To officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals, baptisms, baby dedications, and other related duties as set by the diaconate.
- To serve as a leader in small group ministries.
- To provide leadership in the administration and management of all areas of the congregation’s ministry in consultation with the church board and appropriate committees and staff members.
- To work with the board of trustees to ensure that the facilities of the church are functional and in good repair.
- To participate as an ex-officio member (without vote) in all elected church board and committee meetings.
- To work with the diaconate and church board in implementing ministries that will be attractive to the community, church members, adherents, inactive members and new comers to the church.
- To direct the assimilation of new members into the life of the church in conjunction with the boards, committees, and organizations of the church.
- General Pastoral Responsibilities
- To provide pastoral care through visitation (homes, hospitals, nursing homes), counseling, and prayer.
- To make appropriate referrals when necessary and to respond to crisis situations which arise in the congregation.
- To participate in the MBA (Manitoba Baptist Association) pastor cluster group meetings, association, regional and conference meetings and activities.
- To participate in the local ministerial to nurture relationship with other churches and to promote activities to further Christian outreach in the Beausejour area.
- To seek professional development opportunities through self-study or formal training, workshops, or conferences.
Skills and Requirements
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
- Effective communication, competent in bible teaching and preaching
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle complying with biblical leadership
- Exemplifying the character of an elder outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Hours: Part Time/Negotiable
- Starting Annual Salary of $30,000
- As our church grows we would fully intend to increase the compensation for our pastor in line with what we could afford.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 5743 ]