Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
North York, Ontario , M2M3S4
About CSFCC Church
We are a community church in North York, Toronto with its congregation largely made up of 1st and 2nd generation Chinese immigrants from mainland China, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. We seek to make disciples, and to lead them into growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Our core values are Scripture, Worship, Prayer, Discipleship, and Commitment. Our vision is to become a church with 100 baptized members by 2020. We are seeking a youth pastor to lead the development and growth of the youth/English ministry at CSFCC.
At CSFCC we have 2nd generation young adults, students, and visitors attending the church and the Sunday school, but we do not currently have formal youth/English ministry. The Youth Pastor, in cooperation with the Mandarin Pastor and the Leadership Team, would play a key role in developing the ministry vision and plan and start the ministry that will help the youth to grow into Jesus-like disciples. The youth pastor will be a key part of the Leadership Team, and CSFCC staff will be committed to helping him or her grow.
- Developing and gradually implementing a ministry plan in cooperation with the mandarin Pastor and the leadership team, including but not limited to Sunday youth/English service, Sunday School, bible studies, discipleship training, and small groups
- Planning and leading Sunday youth/English service
- Planning and leading Bible studies and small group meetings
- Planning and leading youth fellowship events
- Attending monthly Leadership Team meetings
- Preaching on occasion to the entire congregation
- Formal Christian education from an accredited seminary/college (graduated or current student)
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ rooted in Scripture, worship, prayer, discipleship and commitment
- A desire to pastor, teach, learn and grow in ministry
- An understanding of Chinese-Canadian church culture or a willingness to learn
- Previous ministry experience preferred, but not necessary
Start Date: October 1st, 2018
To apply, please email info.CSFCC@gmail.com with the following:
Résumé with cover letter and personal/family photo
Statement of Faith/Testimony
We invite all to apply, however, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 5752 ]