Join us for a day with Shane Claiborne. Come be inspired, challenged and refreshed as Shane invites us to explore the transforming power of downward mobility. Early Bird tickets available until January 31, 2020. Presented by Henri Nouwen Society & Tyndale Spiritual Formation Centre.
Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B1M0
InterVarsity Pioneer Camp Ontario, located in Muskoka, is seeking to fill a full time permanent Cook position. InterVarsity’s mission is the transformation of youth, students and graduates, in all their ethnic diversity, into fully committed followers of Jesus Christ. In alignment with this purpose, the Cook will provide a quality food service experience for our campers, guests and staff. The Cook is responsible for all aspects of running a kitchen, including meal planning and preparation, kitchen cleanliness, inventory, ordering and supervision of kitchen volunteers. This role requires flexibility in work hours. Early mornings, evenings and weekends are required.
The ideal applicant for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to grow as a follower of Christ
- 2 years related experience in a commercial or camp kitchen environment
- Ability to read and follow recipes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail; creative and artistic talent
- Strong work ethic, customer service focused
- Ability to remain calm in hectic circumstances
- Food Handlers Course
- Completion of or enrollment in a culinary program
- WHIMS and Health and Safety training
- Physical demands include lifting and carrying 50lb sacks, moving and lifting heavy pots and pans and standing for long periods of time
- Fun-loving and flexible attitude.
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and cover letter to Laurie Russell, Manager of Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment is conditional upon a clear police reference check. The successful candidate must be able to affirm InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith Agreement. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 5755 ]