Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Toronto, Ontario , M1W 2S5
Are you a visionary leader, an implementer, with a heart to mobilize and impact lives locally and globally, especially for Asia and the Arab world?
Interserve Canada began more than 160 years ago with enabling the purpose of transforming lives and communities through encounter with Jesus Christ. Interserve works in partnership with others to serve nationally and internationally through a broad range of skills to reach the unreached of the world.
The National Director (ND) provides spiritual, missiological, organizational, and hands-on leadership to Interserve Canada. We are looking for a leader who is passionate for the cause of Christ, spreading His name to the marginalized, the oppressed, and the unreached people of the world, and someone who will take our purpose to heart and uphold our vision and core values; a leader with strong mobilization, administration, and excellent communications skills who will build strong partnerships with members, supporters, and partners.
- Develop and implement the organization’s strategic plans in alignment with Interserve’s overall priorities
- Mobilize and expand Interserve's network of partners, supporters, and donors
- Develop and implement the organization’s operational plan and policies
- Provide pastoral care, leadership and coaching to all Interserve staff and partners
- Expand the circle of those praying for this work
- Ensure effective stewardship of resources
- Passion to see lives and communities of Asia and the Arab world transformed through encounter with Jesus Christ
- Love and commitment to God’s global church, in all its diversity
- Called to, and experienced in, cross-cultural and multi-ethnic ministry
- Entrepreneurial – able to build and develop strategies with limited resources in today’s global mission context. Ability to work with people from a broad range of professional backgrounds
- Flexible and collaborative team leader – able to motivate and encourage team members across the country, while working with flexible work environments
- Resourceful at leveraging the work of a small team and volunteer base; able to draw others into the work of Interserve Canada
- Effective administrator and financial manager – from fundraising to non-profit accounting, communications and reporting
- Adaptive leader; able to lead and manage organizational change in the context of our changing world and society.
- Experienced in accomplishing goals through partnerships with individuals and teams, institutions, churches and para-church organizations.
- Excellent communicator: verbal and written, including traditional and social media
- Lifelong learner with relevant education and a minimum of 10 years previous leadership experience.
Who should apply:
The ideal candidate is a seasoned and strategic leader with pastoral care and senior leadership experience, and a deep appreciation and understanding of missions and what Interserve Canada stands for. Not bound by conventional organizational structures, you are someone known for your creative and adaptive leadership, and for your ability to build and maintain effective partnerships. As National Director, you would become Interserve Canada’s principal ambassador in communicating a compelling vision for Interserve Canada's purpose and future, while developing the people, prayer and financial resources to support that vision.
The National Director role is a full-time position that is ideally based in Toronto, Ontario and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Regular local, domestic and international travel is required.
Please send your cover letter describing what motivates you about this position, your personal vision for leadership, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2018.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available to applicants to support them in all aspects of the hiring process. Please let us know in advance if there is a need for accommodation. Thank you for interest in Interserve Canada.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 5781 ]