Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Calgary, Alberta , T2M 4P7
We are looking for a called and gifted Worship Director to join and be a vital part of our team on a part-time basis (20 hours/week) with the possibility of it growing to a full-time role in the future. We are striving to be a church that honours God through the use of a rich liturgy and blending ancient and contemporary musical styles and songs. The right candidate will need to be comfortable leading a worship service, building music teams and have a wide breadth of knowledge of worship styles. Our first priority is to find a Worship Director to lead our musical worship and be involved in various aspects of our Sunday service. We anticipate that the role will require a full 20 hours of commitment each week as we seek to grow the quality and quantity of our music teams.
- Leading in worship a minimum of 40 weeks per year
- Attendance at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas Services are mandatory.
- Planning and coordinating worship services with the senior pastor
- Keeping on top of relevant and theologically sound music to be used in our services
- Ensure songs are accurately copied into our worship service software
- Leading worship in periodic concerts
- Leading rehearsals for Sunday music
- Creating quarterly schedules for musicians
- Attending to the technical needs of the worship service, including:
- Assessing sound equipment needs (i.e. repairs, upgrades)
- Consulting with sound technicians to ensure we always sound our best
- Oversee training of new sound technicians
- Because we are committed to growing and planting churches, the Worship Director will serve in part by carrying out music lessons with team members in order to build the quality of musicians at NCC, but also to grow teams in quantity as well.
- Develop multiple music teams to serve NCC and potential church plants
- Recruiting and developing musicians
- Holding regular (quarterly sessions/auditions to test and train new musicians)
- Developing and maintaining a catalogue of worship songs.
- Coordinating with the Administrative Assistant for CCLI reporting
How to apply
If you feel led to apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 5823 ]