Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Director of Worship
Director of Worship
Maple Ridge , British Columbia , V2X 5V3
Title: Director of Worship
Accountability: Lead Pastor
The Director of Worship is responsible to ensure that our church community experiences and is led in vibrant, biblical worship. The Director will champion the development of a biblical culture of worship at MRBC. The Director will see development of other leaders as a key responsibility (Eph. 4:12) and must be a leader of leaders, skilled in developing, equipping, and releasing people into ministry leadership.
The Director of Worship is hired by the Lead Pastor and is to serve as our primary ministry leader for all worship-related ministries. This includes, but is not limited to, Sunday worship services, technical oversight, video oversight, special service planning and special event planning.
- Develop a culture of worship at MRBC where people are drawn to know and follow Jesus through worship.
- Effective recruitment, development and oversight of a leadership team for each area of ministry responsibility.
- Effective management and support of each ministry team to ensure that agreed upon plans are executed as directed.
- Represent the church in the community and the larger kingdom of God.
A. Weekend Services – 70%
- Provide Worship Leadership in Weekend Services
- Minister effectively to all ages of a multi-generational congregation.
- Recruit, train & build teams of musicians & vocalists to lead in worship
- Design and implement Stage Décor, special event decoration, etc.
- Critical to the success of this role is the ability to recruit, train and release an army of volunteers for the many teams that are needed in worship and the arts.
B. Special Events – 10%
- Together with Lead Pastor, develop and carry out a strategy/philosophy for special events such as Christmas, Easter, outreach concerts, etc.
- Participate in city-wide worship, prayer & outreach events as a part of the MRBC pastoral team
C. Pastoral Team Support – 10%
- This leader will serve as a resource person to aid other pastors in developing a vibrant culture of worship in their target ministry areas.
D. Technical Ministry – 5%
- Oversee the entire technical ministry of MRBC
- Oversee upkeep and maintenance of church owned instruments & equipment
- Recruiting, training, and building teams to operate sound, lights, media, audio/visual
E. Administration - 5%
- Each member of the pastoral team is responsible for elements of their own administration; managing their calendar, email, budgets, including submitting their receipts in a timely fashion, and other administrative functions.
Responsibility to God:
- Love God with heart, soul, strength, and mind
- Joyfully respond to God’s call to ministry
- Maintaining a fresh relationship with God through appropriate spiritual disciplines
- Servant leader as per Jesus’ model
- Faithful steward of financial resources
Responsibility to Self & Family
- Vital, growing relationship with spouse if married
- Integrity, high moral & ethical character
- Maintain personal health through recreation & relaxation
- Manages financial matters with integrity
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role in a church or para church organization
- Training in church ministry would be considered an asset
- Training in a musical instrument and/or vocal training would be considered an asset
- Experience using Planning Centre would be considered an asset
- Experience with various social media platforms, Microsoft Office and Google Suite is valuable
- Possess experience with & knowledge of the latest computer, technical, and audio-visual software and hardware available in the music industry today.
- The position of Director of Worship requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. Sunday’s are considered part of the work week as they are the focal point for this role.
- All staff member at MRBC are paid based on a 37.5 hour work week. However, those in leadership or pastoral roles at MRBC are expected to work additional hours in keeping with the voluntary service given by a layperson
- No staff member is expected to work more than 45 hours per week.
- Due to the nature of this position, flexibility at specific times and seasons to accommodate ministry events will be necessary. A basic weekly work schedule will be agreed upon with the direct supervisor.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 5832 ]