Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Langley, British Columbia , V2Y1N5
Title: Communications Specialist
Ministry: President’s Office
Location: Langley, BC
Reports to: President
Position Type: Full-time, One-Year Contract
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
In collaboration with the President of Power to change, the Communications Specialist is responsible for the full scope of activities related to the identification, cultivation and solicitation of foundation and major gift prospects and donors for Power to Change. The successful candidate will also be responsible for consistent, accurate and compelling reporting for all major gifts, foundation grants and corporate gifts as needed. The Communications Specialist will ensure that major donors are acknowledged for their gifts.
• Letters of intent effectively communicate the case for support to potential funders
• Grant proposals and templates persuasively share the organization’s mission and needs
• Grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations, are submitted in a timely manner
Research and Reporting
• Research funding sources that match specific ministry projects and requirements
• Performance of funding activities are collected, analyzed, and accurately reported to involved stakeholders.
• Prospective foundations and major donors are being identified, cultivated, and solicited through letters, proposals, telephone contact and personal meetings.
• New funding opportunities are identified.
• Accurate and up-to-date information on all grant and proposals is available.
Internal and External Communications
• Major donors are acknowledged for their gifts in a timely and professional way
• Ideas, ministry updates, and the activities of the President are incorporated into communication for staff on a regular basis
• Other internal or external communications as needed by the President are complete in a timely manner.
Education & Experience:
• Related university degree
• Theological education considered an asset
• 2-4 years of relevant experience in grant and proposal writing
• Experience in ghostwriting considered an asset.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of contemporary practices in donor prospect research and major gift fundraising
• Passion to make a maximum contribution towards fulfilling the Great Commission
• A team player with a passion for donors and a desire to serve our ministries
• Proven demonstration of initiative, motivation, creativity and ability to work independently
• Ability to persuade using highly refined written and oral communication skills
• Strong skills in prioritization and time management, as well as the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Drive for results and excellence
• Understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants considered an asset
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite
• Willingness to work flexible hours as required. Evening, weekends and some travel may be required
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
This is a salaried position which includes benefits coverage.
Please visit our job board at p2c.com/serve/opportunities to see other current openings.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
Posted Under: Marketing/Sales
Career ID: [ 5850 ]