Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Employment Coach – is a city-wide leader in supporting Calgary’s homeless in finding and keeping sustainable employment. The Coach works collaboratively with other members of the Hubs Team, Employment Team, external agencies, employers and other Mustard Seed departments to break the stigmas of homelessness and help guests achieve their employment goals. The Employment Coach is an exceptional liaison to employers and community agencies, is effective in uncovering employment and community-wide collaboration opportunities and excels at connecting guests to the Mustard Seed Employment Program as well as other Mustard Seed services.
- Must be a self-starter and thrive in a highly mobile environment
- Must be team oriented and eager to foster collaboration and synergy with other team members and external contacts
- Must be passionate about supporting those experiencing poverty and/or homelessness
- Must enjoy helping people overcome challenges while maintaining a hope-filled attitude
- Must be empathic, compassionate and perceptive communicator while maintaining objectivity and appropriate emotional boundaries
- Must be willing to advocate for the marginalized and to challenge common perceptions of poverty and/or homelessness in order to foster change
- Must thrive within a results-driven progressive not-for-profit organization
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively and competently move clients and guests towards The Mustard Seed’s employment initiatives;
- Collaborate closely with the Employment Supervisor and Employment Coaches to create and implement strategies to ensure the success of the program;
- Serve as an advocate for guests by creating a bridge between them and The Mustard Seed Employment Program and other Mustard Seed services;
- Conduct intakes & assessments with guests to identify their issues and barriers to Employment;
- Interview, assess and prepare all potential Employment program participants, working closely with referring partners and any other stakeholders to ensure that guest’s needs are met.
- Maintain a caseload of 25-30 active clients;
- Provide support and crisis intervention to both guests and employers as necessary;
- Document all guest interactions and progress;
- Work collaboratively with other Mustard Seed program areas as well as external agencies and refer guests to their case managers when needed;
- Meet bi-weekly with Employment Supervisor to evaluate progress;
- Accountable for monthly KPI goals
- Attend meetings and training as required;
- Utilize volunteers to assist clients in meeting their employment goals
- Other duties as required;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree/Diploma in Human Services field or 2 years related work experience;
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs (i.e., Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.);
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 5);
- Must have reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2,000,000 liability insurance
- Reliable vehicle required (Parking provided, mileage reimbursement);
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team;
- Ability to accomplish goals with minimal supervision;
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Working from Mustard Seed Community Hubs, Mustard Seed Downtown, and other outreach internal and external locations as required.
- Flexible work schedule for events and outreach locations with occasional weekend required
- Working in and amongst a diverse group of individuals;
- Fast paced and demanding work environment;
- Cell phone and laptop are provided to accommodate mobile work
- Employment Security Check is required.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5875 ]