Worship & Creative Ministry Partner
Worship & Creative Ministry Partner
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia , V3C 1N8
New Hope Church in beautiful Port Coquitlam, BC, is seeking to hire a part-time Worship & Creative Ministry Partner for around 20 hours per week.
Why You Want This Position:
- Great church with great people!
- Flexible work hours!
- Gain ministry experience, grow in your gifts, and increase your knowledge of the Bible!
- Port Coquitlam, BC is beautiful!
About the Church:
New Hope Church was launched as a missionary church plant 5 years ago, starting from absolutely nothing (no launch team, etc.).
Today it consists of around 30 adults and 25 kids on an average Sunday. We have a weekly service on Sunday evenings from 5pm-6:40pm and men’s and women’s groups during the week.
We’re a modern church with a current worship style (Elevation, Jesus Culture, Vertical, etc.) and a passionate commitment to the Bible.
Our most well-known trait is our verse-by-verse expositional teaching, and we’d recommend any applicants get an idea of what we do by checking out a recent message at mynewhope.ca/messages
Despite being small in size, God has chosen to use New Hope to reach more than 2,300 individual listeners per week, who study along with us via our podcast, vodcast, and website.
When you visit New Hope, you’ll find a small but passionate group of people who love Jesus and His Church, and love growing in their knowledge of Him.
Leading worship at our Sunday services
- Comfortable and gifted leading worship from the acoustic guitar.
- Prepare and work with loops to create a fuller sound while leading (e.g. MultiTracks.com).
- Use Planning Center for set lists, song database, etc.
- Work with a song rotation that sees songs come up around every 6 weeks, with a new song also added around every 6 weeks.
- Lead any team members that may emerge (create chord charts, run rehearsal, etc.)
Maintain A/V Equipment
- Order any needed supplies
- Repair/Replace broken items
- Oversee A/V set-up and tear-down at the Sunday service
- Provide instruction and training to team members (sound, Pro Presenter, set-up and tear-down, etc.)
- Create all content needed for Pro Presenter every week (worship lyrics, sermon points, etc.).
- Create any needed media content (e.g. sermon series graphics, social media graphics, weekly video blogs with the pastor, etc.).
- Manage social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) using Hootsuite.
- Create Google Ad Words ads using our Google Grants account every week, based on the most recent sermon.
- Edit and upload the sermon A/V every week.
The church puts on monthly churchwide events that are relatively simple and are designed for the whole family. 3-4 of these events are potluck dinners following the service, while others may include things as simple as a kids movie night & BBQ.
Volunteers are often available to help with these events but we need a point person and a fallback plan when there isn’t a volunteer. This position would be that point person.
Monday or Tuesday: Weekly meeting for 1-2 hours (time is flexible)
The rest of the hours are flexible, as is the work location. We can provide a workstation and desk or the ministry partner can work from home.
The position will start at $500 per week for around 20 hours per week.
There is the future possibility for greater hours and salary, based on church growth.
Applicants are requested to send a resume and video example (e.g. YouTube) of themselves leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 5890 ]