Program Director & Professor, Worship Arts
Program Director & Professor, Worship Arts
Sussex, New Brunswick , E4E 5L2
Position Title: Program Director & Professor, Worship Arts
Classification: Full-time, effective July 1, 2019
Responsible To: Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA)
Position Summary: This position oversees the Worship Arts major and minor program of study, teaching, mentoring students in the program, and modelling through oversight of the ministry of Kingswood’s chapel ministry
- Oversee the Worship Arts major and minor programs of study, including:
- Teach at least two courses per semester within the Worship Arts program and related areas, sometimes including private applied music lessons;
- Serve as faculty advisor for students enrolled in the Worship Arts major and minor programs, providing guidance, support, counsel, mentoring, and friendship;
- Assist students in finding placements for Supervised Ministry Experiences which meet the objectives of the program and allow for a wide range of ministry exposure;
- Cultivate Supervised Ministry Experience placement opportunities for students, in collaboration with the Supervised Ministry Director;
- Assist in the ongoing process of program and curriculum assessment for the Worship Arts major and minor programs of study and their place in the larger curriculum;
- In cooperation with the Enrolment Department, actively recruit students for the Worship Arts program as well as other areas of study;
- Assist in student success and retention.
- Provide point leadership for all campus worship experiences involving Kingswood’s students and staff, especially through the ministry of music, by leading worshipers into the presence of God:
- Assist the President and VPAA in carrying the spiritual burden for the University in worship, for the life-transforming ministry of the Holy Spirit and for the clear awareness of the presence, person, and work of Jesus Christ, all to the glory of God the Father;
- Provide exemplary leadership in the entire worship process, showing godly wisdom and practical understanding of the Church in the appropriate purpose, balance, creativity, depth, breadth, diversity, excellence, anointing, and spiritual impact of worship;
- Lead a worship planning team that seeks to develop and incorporate appropriate, creative, intentional, and theologically sound elements of worship for the Kingswood University campus;
- Inspire students to be members of chapel worship teams, providing ongoing mentoring in their development as effective worship team members and leaders;
- In conjunction with the VPAA and the Spiritual Formation Committee, asses the overall quality of Chapel worship experiences.
- Serve as a member of the Kingswood staff team:
- Attend chapel on a regular basis, even when not directly involved;
- Attend faculty and staff meetings, as well as in-service events;
- Perform other duties as are necessary for academic programs and the ongoing spiritual life of the University, as requested by the VPAA.
- View your position as a ministry including investing in all students in their Christian walk as opportunities arise in the fulfillment of your responsibilities.
- At least a master’s degree in a related field with an intention to complete an earned doctorate;
- Significant experience in leading worship;
- An excellent communicator, able to teach and model sound pedagogy and utilize various media formats;
- An understanding of and ability to communicate Christian values and beliefs to students;
- Strong commitment to the Wesleyan-Arminian theological perspective and to a Christ-centered approach to education for transformation.
- Godly, spiritual maturity, with full-hearted devotion to Christ and the Church;
- Genuine and apparent love for others demonstrated by consistent spirit of kindness, compassion and respect for all;
- Integrity and moral excellence, living a life above reproach;
- Exemplary Christian character and personal conduct consistent with those required of leaders in The Wesleyan Church;
- A commitment to assist enthusiastically in fulfilling the mission of Kingswood University.
Applicants who bring diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and international perspectives are especially welcome. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
General University Information
Kingswood University is owned by The Wesleyan Church. The mission of Kingswood is to serve Jesus Christ by strengthening the local and global church through forming Christ-like servant leaders in a community that creatively blends academic excellence and practical ministry experience with intentional spiritual formation.
Electronic resumes and cover letters should be in PDF format.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 5898 ]