Part-time English Teacher
Part-time English Teacher
Toronto, Ontario , M3B 1T1
Canaan Global Academy is a Christian Private School that provides OSSD credit courses from Grades 9-12, after school programs, English proficiency training and leadership skills.
We are looking for a committed English Teacher who is passionate about teaching and working with learners from diverse backgrounds.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about teaching and has an ability to connect with students and create a relationship of mutual trust and support, know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
- Provides individualized instruction via effective and interactive learning
- Plans and conducts lessons in a comprehensive manner using multimedia tools and interactive strategies to facilitate learning.
- Maintain an environment conducive to learning
- Create, distribute, document educational content in an organized format
- Assess and record student progress with continuous feedback and grades.
- Collaborate with other staff, students and parents to enhance the achievement of school goals.
- Observe, record and assist students in their behavior and be a role model for their development. Report any suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Engage in continuous self and professional development and be familiar with teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines.
- Respect and adhere to school policies
- Develop the curriculum and course outline for the course,
- Prepare and deliver instructional activities according to the curriculum that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop and implement unit and lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Provide resources to assist student learning.
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary.
- Perform pastoral duties such as emotional support, counseling and spiritual support.
- Participate in extracurricular activities,
- Participate in school meetings and parent meetings
- To teach students in the specialized subject area,
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- OCT certified
- Fluent / native in English
- experience in teaching General English courses in the Ontario Secondary School Curriculum such as (ENG1D/ENG2D/ENG3C,3U, /ENG4C,4U and EPS3O),
- Minimum of 3 years experience in teaching IELTS
- Or has a score of 8.0 or higher in their own IELTS Tests
- a TESL / TESOL certificate recognized by TESL Canada is an asset.
Please email your CV / resume to Ms. Winnie Lo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 5915 ]