Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Calgary, Alberta , T2G 0X5
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Human Resource function is a centralized service and is responsible for the human resources management. Reporting to the HR Advisor, the HR Coordinator will provide support in a wide variety of human resources matters, with a concentration on full-cycle recruitment support, practicum/intern coordination, and orientation coordination.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support in record keeping, the creation and maintenance of files, archiving employee files and human resource materials
- Prepare draft HR-related communication and submit documents for approval
- Coordinate the performance appraisal process—track distribution and receipt and update database
- Coordinate and facilitate New Hire Orientation on a semi-monthly basis, which includes inviting all appropriate parties, booking rooms, presenting, and running the orientation day
- Manage HR and Recruitment inboxes
- Write and send letters for Offers of Employment, Transfers, Status Change Updates, Resignations, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews for resigned employees
- Track work permit eligibilities and renewal requirements
- Assist with new HR projects and initiatives when requested
- Provide general administrative support to the HR team
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Human Resources as required
- Manage and provide full cycle recruitment support including:
- job posting ownership and tracking – reposting and take down (training and delegation to volunteers). Updating online forms and applications
- sourcing and resume screening as required.
- interviewing booking coordination (room booking, calendar invites, interview confirmations)
- Pre-employment for all potentially successful candidates including: reference checking, police and security checks, writing and sending offer letters and packages, and ensuring receipt of all new-hire paperwork
- Coordinate the practicum student program which includes identifying the need with each department, liaising with various colleges/universities and being the first point of contact for students
- Manage and lead the recruiting of summer internship program
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources Management or equivalent combination of experience, education and training
- 2 years’ previous human resources experience in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to prioritize and strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact effectively with staff at all levels
- Knowledge of employment law and human rights
- Integrity, discretion and judgment with tact and diplomacy on confidential matters
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with effective multi-tasking skills
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Prior experience with human information systems and/or SharePoint is an asset.
- This is a permanent full-time position
- Fast paced and demanding work environment
- This is an office setting with sitting for extended time periods
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5936 ]