Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Intake Assessment Facilitator
Intake Assessment Facilitator
Calgary, Alberta , T2G 0X5
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
Reporting to the Basic Services Manager and under the day-to-day supervision of a Team Lead, the Intake Assessment Facilitator will introduce new guests to the Mustard Seed Shelter. The Intake Worker is responsible for basic registration, feeling comfortable with all the shelter rules and procedures and giving information about programs and services as appropriate. Intakes will end with a tour of the shelter.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up a guest profile on the HMIS system for each new guest that comes to the shelter.
- Interview the guest and accurately enter the answers to the provincially mandated questions in the computer.
- Print a Mustard Seed ID card for each new guest.
- Explain the rules of the shelter and have each new guest sign the Shelter Expectations Form.
- Give each new guest an orientation to the shelter;
- Give guests advice on which other Mustard Seed programs might be a good fit for the guest.
- Refine intake tools to fit the needs of the shelter program;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree/Diploma in the Human Services field and/or 3 years related work experience
- Ability to accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and improve systems and processes.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to adapt and work within a changing environment.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team.
- Ability to ‘read people’ and be perceptive.
- Strong communications skills.
- Strong administrative skills.
- This is a Maternity Leave cover position for 1 year
- Tuesday – Saturday 2:00PM – 10:30PM
- Fast paced and demanding work environment;
- There is minimal physical effort required for this role
- Essential job functions include the use of: word processing software, spread sheets, proficient in email communication, Microsoft Outlook, and PowerPoint presentations
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5943 ]