Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Front Desk Support Worker
Front Desk Support Worker
Calgary, Alberta , T2G 0X5
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Front Desk Support Worker works closely with The Mustard Seed guests by encouraging them in their journey and connecting them with Mustard Seed programs and services. Front Desk Support Workers are on the front line and respond to guests’ needs on an ongoing basis. The Front Desk Support Worker also works alongside our many volunteers and ensures that they are supported, trained, and cared for. Crisis intervention and conflict resolution are daily occurrences for this role.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The first point of contact for guests seeking shelter, food and clothing;
- Support the dignity of our guests by seeking to identify their needs in a respectful manner;
- Encourage and assist guests to seek resources and services that support guests in achieving their goals;
- Greet donors, guests, staff, and volunteers (anyone that comes through the Seeds Doors) appropriately with the utmost respect;
- Process donations, negotiate guest, staff, and the general community member’s questions, and support the team with efficient communication both on the radio and the phone. Multitasking is essential;
- Provide crisis intervention as required;
- Attend meetings and training as assigned;
- Maintain records;
- Respect proper boundaries with guests;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, guests, staff and community;
- Manage parking lot related issues and inquires;
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Diploma/certificate in relevant discipline
- Experience as a receptionist or office assistant;
- Strong people and communication skills,
- Knowledge of mental illness and addictions;
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Proven computer skill (Microsoft, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Desire to serve in a Christian street ministry
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized population.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- 7:00AM – 3:30PM Tuesday - Saturday
- Fast paced and demanding work environment;
- There is minimal physical effort required for this role. Essential job functions include the use of word processing software, spreadsheets, proficient in email communication, and Microsoft Outlook.
- This position requires a focused amount of mental effort to analyze information and problem solve.
- Candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5944 ]