Join other Youth Pastors and lay leaders on Nov 16 - 17, 2018 for the Tyndale Youth Ministry Leadership Conference in Toronto. Back by popular demand given the interest in the topic last year, Dr. Bradley Noel will be delving deeper with double the time and focus on ‘Generation Z’.
Full Time Janitor
Full Time Janitor
Toronto, Ontario , M2M 2L4
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
- Responsible for seasonal tasks such as lawn mowing, raking leaves, snow shoveling/salting building walkways, minor landscaping where needed
- Empty garbage/recycling from bins indoor/outdoor and report any deficiencies from the waste removal company
- Complete weekly inventory and monitor supply usage, re-stock supplies and submit list of cleaning materials/supplies as needed
- Ensure general cleanliness of building including but not limited to: dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, polishing, wiping down of walls/mirrors/glass doors/windows
- Check doors and windows to ensure that building is secure; providing access and securing facility as needed
- Set up and tear down rooms and/or Sanctuary for regular activities, Sunday church service, events such as funerals/private functions (mid-week or occasional weekends)
- Responsible for general repairs around the building including but not limited to: changing ceiling tiles, replacing lightbulbs etc.
- High school diploma
- Previous experience and knowledge in janitorial work an asset
- Bending, lifting, carrying of loads of 50lbs, climbing ladders over 6 ft. and higher
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- General handyman skills an asset (changing lightbulbs, doing minor repairs)
- Understand and work in accordance with the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army
- Be comfortable working in a Christian environment; being able to demonstrate empathy and compassion
- Excellent time management, organization skills (multi-tasking, working well under pressure), communication/interpersonal skills
- Clear Police Background Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening and internal abuse registry check
- Complete all required employee-related trainings
HOURS: 35 hours per week during summer months (July-August), 25+ hours per week (September-June)
SALARY: $25,500 - $25,800 per year
Interested applicants are asked to contact Jacqueline Kim by October 26, 2018
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 5974 ]