Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Scarborough , Ontario
Start Date: January 1, 2019
Agincourt Baptist Church is affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec and is located in Scarborough, Ontario. The congregation is diverse in age and culture. We have sixty active members, a current board of five Deacons, a Senior Pastor and a Youth Associate Pastor.
We are seeking to hire a Worship Director to lead our congregation in weekly worship and disciple our worship teams. The position is integral in our goal of growing our membership to one hundred and fifty in five years.
The successful candidate will be passionate about Jesus and motivated to engage people on a personal level as well as facilitate the experience of worship by church members and visitors. The Worship Director will be proficient in playing an instrument and be able and willing to lead both contemporary and traditional music. They will cultivate a meaningful worship experience that is grounded upon an understanding of Scripture and celebrates the spiritual gifts of the congregation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing participatory leadership to the music ministry at Agincourt Baptist Church on Sunday morning, occasional evening services, special events, retreats, etc.
- praying for and investing in the spiritual growth of our congregation in partnership with the Deacons board and ministry team.
- Recruits, co-ordinates and develops musical skills in the members of the worship team. (Weekly practices, one on one meetings, etc)
- Encourages worship team members in their walk with Jesus.
- Collaborates in worship service planning and demonstrates creativity in the worship experiences with the ministry team and worship team members.
- Knowledge of audio visual and sound system technology including troubleshooting
- Works well with the other ministry team members as well as completing tasks and projects independently.
- Hours include attendance at weekly planning meetings and biweekly ministry team meetings and fellowship
- Co-operation between staff is integral to our success and our worship environment. We are looking for a team member who will take pride and ownership in their work, give and receive feedback and work towards personal and professional development. The candidate will demonstrate a teachable spirit.
The paid time commitment is 20 hours per week.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A minimum of two years of musical experience in a church setting or related environment.
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve in the church.
The church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 1, 2019
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 5988 ]