Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Markham, Ontario , L3R 6G3
Peoples Christian Academy (PCA) is seeking to acquire a Caretaker to facilitate a long-term medical leave. The role may develop into a permanent full-time position.
Each employee at PCA must have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Saviour and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. The employee shall be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions towards others. He/she shall be a member in good standing at a local evangelical church that has a statement of faith in agreement with PCA Statement of Faith and Statement of Core Family Values. He/she shall be in wholehearted agreement with PCA’s Statement of Faith and Christian philosophy of education. He/she shall have the spiritual maturity, personal qualities and professional qualifications to serve the PCA community in his/her role in accordance with these requisite beliefs and values.
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, CHARACTER, COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Trades related qualifications and/or certifications an asset
- At least 5 years of applied Custodial and Maintenance experience
- Passion for this profession as a vital, service-oriented ministry, and an ambassadorial presence in the school
- Independent and responsible self-starter, able to flexibly take direction with an accountable, collaborative spirit
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural proficiency with staff, students, families, professionals and the public
- Ability to speak, read and write clearly in English with professional and timely communications skill (i.e., e-mail)
- Strong repair-and-maintenance skills and minor renovation/construction skills
- Technical ease with operating and monitoring systems (HVAC, electrical and emergency/security panels, etc.)
- Facilitates school health and safety work/tasks, emergencies/drills, and related after-hours system responses
- Experience and aptitude with R&M budgeting, obtaining quotes and supervising related workers/contractors
- Adept analytical and problem solving and decision-making skills to inspect, identify and resolve facility issues
- Mental and physical stamina to complete routine, requisitioned and special event tasks within set deadlines
- Ability to uphold compliance regulations, and maintain related relationships, tasks, schedules and records
- Performs related duties, as required and other related duties as assigned
CONTEXT, COMPENSATION AND CULTURE
Peoples Christian Academy (PCA) is an independent, faith-based, co-educational day school offering a registered and Ministry of Education inspected Early Learning Centre (30 mos+), a Junior School (JK-Gr. 5), a Middle School (Grs. 6-8) and a Ministry of Education inspected Senior School (Grs. 9-12). PCA offers a collegial working environment and values work/life balance. Lastly, and most importantly, the Christian community culture of PCA is one that aspires to be a family/faculty-friendly atmosphere that values mutual communication, collaboration, consultation and trust.
Please submit your cover letter (include how your faith informs / influences your professional practice), resume (include volunteerism), statement of Christian faith, diplomas, certifications, recent/current references (2-3 professional, 1 personal/character, 1 pastoral), to:
Please note that PCA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. Please also note that as a condition of employment, short-listed interview candidates will be required to submit a police vulnerable sector check dated to within 6 months of application.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 6001 ]