Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Milton, Ontario , L9T5B6
The Office Manager is responsible organising and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Office Manager reports to the President and will have strong people skills, and be able to manage a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks, and be proficient with computers and the use of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Office Manager is an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats, and is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with no supervision. A well-organised individual and flexible, the Office Manager will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a very busy office.
- Management and Administration
- Manage and coordinate office operations including scheduling meetings, hearings, videoconferences, arbitrations and/or mediations.
- Implement, manage and maintain record-keeping, confidential personnel files, purchasing and inventory.
- Manage relationships with service providers and contractors (court reporters, legal transcriptionists and proofreaders) ensuring that all matters are dealt with in a professional and positive manner.
- Provide general support to clients and visitors.
- Manage the President’s schedules, calendars and appointments.
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manage office equipment and services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organised, transcription workflow systems are controlled, and clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
- Manage technology and telecommunications systems including videoconferences and provide general support to court reporters, legal transcriptionists, proofreaders, and clients.
- Coordinate and ensure requirements are fulfilled as specified and that all assignments are submitted on time including booking and proofing updates.
- Allocate/Assign and monitor tasks and assignments to court reporters, legal transcriptionists, proofreaders, clerical staff and employees.
- Ensure security, integrity and strict confidentiality of data (written and/or electronic).
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events.
- Participate in the designing and implementation of office policies and procedures.
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures.
- Prepare, respond to and file correspondence (including emails) on behalf of Ponka Verbatim Reporting Services Inc.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a petty cash system.
- Maintain a safe, professional and secure working environment.
- Proactively schedule, manage, coordinate and organise activities and schedules for court reporters, legal transcriptionists and proofreaders, including transcription and proofreading assignments, hearings, and email correspondence.
- Identify and respond to all requests that can be dealt with independently and confidentially.
- Assist with hiring, orientating and training of staff when applicable. Supervise Administration staff
- Supervision and coordination of office administrative support staff.
- Ensure that everyone is treated with respect and dignity in order to motivate these Individuals.
- Monitor quality of work and assess training needs.
- Oversee coordination of schedules, efficient work distribution and relief needs as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
A degree or community college diploma in Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
Key Skills & Proficiencies
- Analysis and Assessment
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organisation
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
Knowledge / Experience
- Five (5) years of proven office management, administrative or assistant experience.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Keen attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and make decisions.
- An understanding and experience of a fast moving workplace environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Strong track record of excellent customer service and effective people skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task without supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a positive team environment.
- The Office Manager will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain.
- The Office Manager will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
The Office Manager is located in a busy, open area office and is faced with constant interruptions.
The Office Manager must spend long hours in intense concentration and must also spend long hours on the computer entering thorough information which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- There are a number of strict deadlines associated with this position, which may cause significant stress.
- The Office Manager must deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
- The Office Manager will be exposed to a variety of matters which are extremely difficult and/or tragic, and must have proven coping mechanisms in place.
- Must provide a current Criminal Records check.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Office Manager. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and activities of the position.
Contact Wendy Ponka, President, Ponka Verbatim Reporting Services Inc.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6002 ]