Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Vancouver, British Columbia , V5W3P8
Pilgrim Church is looking for a part time (~8-12 hours/week) person to lead and develop our musicians and Sunday worship experiences with the team and lead pastor.
You will be joining a church on a revitalization mission to connect people with Jesus in Vancouver.
The first responsibility is to provide leadership for worship ministry and the additional responsibilities will be based on the person's gift-mix and Pilgrim’s developing needs/dreams. If this is something you know someone would be good at please encourage them to apply.
For a questions please contact us! Cover letters and resumes may be emailed to:
6075 Inverness St, Vancouver, BC V5W3P8
Thanks for your interest!
+Pastor Shel on behalf of the Staff Search Team
- Must be a Christian (follower of Jesus with a living faith – words like “born again” and “relationship with Jesus” make sense to you) and ready to commit as a person/family covenant partner at Pilgrim Church
- Embraces a “big-tent” Evangelicalism including openness to Spirit-filled life (the Pietist background of NAB)
- Experience with worship leading in a volunteer or other capacity is highly desirable
- Lead congregation in worship
- Lead Weekend worship services
- This person should be able to provide vocal (voice) leadership in and through a worship set.
- Develop worship leadership skills vocally “pastoring” the church around and during worship sets.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in worship
- Understand worship that is broader than music (including, but not limited to preaching/teaching time, scripture reading, prayer, testimonies, art,media, etc.)
- Lead Weekend worship services
- Work with Lead Pastor (and future staff) to plan weekend worship services
- Lead the formation of a Worship Team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
- Lead worship team rehearsals
- Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor servant worship team leaders
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor Servant instrumentalists, vocalists, and songwriters
- Develop an annual ministry plan and a budget for worship
- Work with volunteer production lead team (over sound, video, lights).
- Production team lead first reports to this role, then lead pastor.
- Attend staff and Worship congregational and team meetings, seeking direction from them.
- Pursue ministerial credentials with the NAB or other like-minded group
- Participate in a Home Church/Small group
- Write an annual report to the congregation
- Is an employee of the church whose first report is to the lead pastor (spelled out in annual “Covenant of Understanding” contract), then indirectly to Board, or in the absence of a lead pastor, the chair of board
- Because this is a PT salaried position this person will be expected to be flexible.
- PT. Depends on experience and benefit needs. Open to structuring as best fits.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Music
Career ID: [ 6026 ]