Director of Food Services
Director of Food Services
Caroline, Alberta , T0M 0M0
Discover the warmth of our hospitality at Camp Caroline. Located in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies, we are one of Alberta’s premier year-round Christian camp and retreat centers.
We strive to create getaways with greater purpose that encourage life-changing experiences, therefore our skilled staff are carefully selected with our campers and guests in mind. Camp Caroline staff are recruited not only for their ability to perform their duties, but also for their trustworthy character and commitment to serving campers and guests with an exceptional standard of care.
High quality food service is crucial to creating just the right environment for campers and guests. The Director of Food Services is responsible to consistently provide well balanced meals, quality food service and support for campers, guests and staff in accordance with provincial health and safety codes.
Reports To: Director of Operations
- A personal profession of faith in Jesus for salvation and witness of obediently following him
- A member or adherent in an evangelical church
- Agreement with the mission, vision, core values, and core commitments of Camp Caroline
- Demonstrated ability to maintain healthy working relationships with a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage food service staff ranging in size from 2 to 20
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and maintain a budget in excess of $200,000
- Demonstrated ability to organize and plan well
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and follow through on projects with excellence
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential situations with respect
- Availability to work regular and irregular hours
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work in warm temperatures
- Good health and stamina
- Ability to lift 25kg without assistance
- General computer knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office and other basic software
- Valid driver’s license
- Possession of food safe certification recognized by the province of Alberta
- Completion of reference and background checks
- Uphold the mission, vision, core values, and core commitments of Camp Caroline with the highest standard of excellence
- Uphold Camp Caroline policies and adhere to policies, best practices, and principles related to standards of service care as established by recognized authorities
- Assist in nurturing the spiritual atmosphere of Camp Caroline for campers, guests, and staff
- Develop a welcoming atmosphere and safe environment for campers, guests, and staff
- Anticipate and attend to camper and guest’s service needs
- Maintain healthy working relationships with suppliers.
- Uphold policies and adhere to policies, best practices and principles related to standards of service care and excellence and as established by recognized authorities, e.g., Alberta Health Services; the Canadian Food Guide.
Requirements for Food Services:
Coordinate food service planning (including menus, schedules, set up and serving) with the appropriate staff:
- Menus must be age appropriate
- Menus must provide well balanced meals based on the Canadian Food Guide
- Regular menus shall be planned using a rotating schedule (of at least 14 days)
- Menus shall strive to accommodate varying dietary sensitivities and allergies
- Ensure meals, snacks and desserts are to be made with the utmost care and quality ingredients.
- Ensure meals are to be served in a manner creating pleasant presentation.
- Maintain exceptional cleanliness and readiness of all equipment within food preparation and serving areas.
- Coordinate the maintenance, service, and repair of all equipment related to food service.
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Director of Operations, Senior Director of Ministries, and Executive Director to select staff that support the vision and values of Camp Caroline
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Director of Operations, Senior Director of Ministries, and Executive Director regarding discipline, discontinuation or dismissal of food service staff
- Prepare staff schedules based on approved budget, and usage.
- Review and approve food service staff payroll.
- Establish and maintain a budget that is realistic, responsible and reflects excellent stewardship of resources – financial, material goods and personnel.
- Coordinate food services expenses and planning of expenses.
- Ensure a contingency of no less than 10% and no more than 25%:
- Coordinate purchases and deliveries in a cost-efficient manner within approved budget
- Purchase food of highest quality with available resources
- Purchase as much non-processed food as possible
- Ensure adequate supplies are available in the event of an emergency or disrupted delivery
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6033 ]