Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Uxbridge, Ontario , L9P1G9
Administrative Assistant (part-time) 9:00am-1:00pm
Directly accountable to the minister and through the minister, to the Session
Responsible for providing administrative support to the minister; coordinating room bookings for church and community groups; ensuring a good communication chain between the session and members of the congregation; providing a warm and welcoming presence to visitors and members during the week; providing assistance to the Treasurer. Ad hoc member, church liaison for the Loaves and Fishes Food Bank Board.
Function Tasks and Responsibilities
- Pick up and open mail; distribute and/or respond appropriately
- Prepare Open LP service projection or provide volunteer with service information
- Maintain up to date congregational mailing and email list
- Order office supplies as directed by the minister
- Facilitate communication within the congregation & community for events
- Prepare service PowerPoint for announcements
- Post to social media and web site as requested
- With the minister vet all requests for posting promotional materials
- Facilitate communication for building maintenance & building use needs.
- Ensure proper posting of givings and income
- Issue offering envelopes
- Send thank you notes and receipts for individual donations
- Issue charitable donation receipts & quarterly giving reports
- Provide support for special fundraising campaigns
- Provide necessary communication and information related to the food bank
- Act as a welcoming presence for all people entering the church
- Coordinate room rentals and bookings by church and outside groups, prepare applications
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of the annual report, minutes of meeting
- Weekly staff meeting, participate in staff prayer time
- Provide information regarding pastoral needs to the minister, elders and prayer team
- Maintain confidentiality of pastoral care and food bank issues
- Provide support for Clerk of Session
- Maintain Marriage, Baptism and Burials registers.
- Assist in the preparation of promotional materials, for visitors, social media and website
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess skills in Windows 10 and Office. A knowledge of Quick Books, Social Media, Canva, Mail Chimp are an asset. Be well organized, accurate and efficient. Be able to coordinate and meet deadlines. Be patient and tactful with people coming to the church. Maintain confidentiality.
- Be willing to work in a church environment and be supportive of the mission and ministry of the congregation – an understanding of The Presbyterian Church in Canada is an asset
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6058 ]