Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Full Time Office Manager
Full Time Office Manager
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 3P1
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Administration of Employee Relations (UltiPro: payroll, benefits, new hire, ensuring employee files up to date
- Mail pickup and processing
- Ensure Employee Handbook for staff is up to date and approved by DHQ
- Maintain Corps Directory; all Rolls and Registers pertaining to Corps on Shelby
- SA Publications increase/decrease as required
- Police Checks/Praesidium Armatus – in concert with Corps Officer, Community Ministries Director
- Milestone Gifts for Employees as required
- Assist with Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Office calendar up to date as events are scheduled
- CCLI reporting as required
- Annual Review preparations and follow-up
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure all Ministry Unit accounts payable (AP) invoices are coded according to the budget and submitted for payment to Octocom/Agresso in a timely manner
- Follow up on AP invoice enquiries from vendors and or staff members
- Process cash receipts and contributions/monetary donations from the general public, church members, clients, etc.
- Christmas Mailing appeal preparation, processing deposits, receipting and thank you letters
- Prepares and deposits funds to the local bank and enters into the accounting system.
- Liaises with local banks on issues pertaining to the ministry unit
- Issues tax receipts as required for charitable giving
- Ensures the maintenance and accuracy of ledgers through regular review of ledgers in all departments; drafts and processes journal entries into the financial system of the ministry unit
- Prepare for audits
- Monitor stored financial reports and destroys old reports as per retention of records policies
- Process Officers expense claims
- Maintain proper records and ensure that all legal requirements concerning the finance of the Ministry Unit are met
- Organize and facilitate rental agreements and scheduling with Church calendar
- Respond to routine enquiries both internal and external
- Adhere to the operating policies of The Salvation Army concerning Employees and finances
Health & Safety
- Adheres to all health and safety policies and procedures in place
- Ensures all procedures, rules and guidelines for the safety and security of staff and clients are enforced and respected
- Ensure Property inventory and maintenance binders are up to date
- Schedule regular maintenance and repairs as needed
- Ensure Fire Safety Plan is up to date
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of previous experience in general bookkeeping/accounting and secretarial in an office environment
- Post-Secondary degree in Business Management/Office Management an asset
- Understand and accept the mission/Purpose Statement of The Salvation Army and be willing to commit to that purpose and serve accordingly
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems including MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point
- Ability to multi-task and have demonstrated a high level of organization, accuracy, attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of Shelby, SAMIS, UltiPro, Agresso and Volunteer Scheduler Pro data bases an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as an individual contributor and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Previous experience working for a not for profit considered an asset
- Ability to demonstrate patience, tact, and discretion in stressful situations
- Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgement
- Possess a valid driver’s license with access to reliable vehicle
Successful candidate will be required to provide upon hiring:
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY: To be determined
Interested applicants are asked to contact Lieutenant Ian Scott by November 17, 2018
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6069 ]