Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Full Time Children & Youth Coordinator
Full Time Children & Youth Coordinator
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 3P1
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
There are three Core Values of our Faith: Salvation, Holiness, and Intimacy with God.
Rooted in these three values are the seven core operational values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory.
Compassion: We reach out to others and care for them.
Respect: We promote the dignity of all persons.
Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy and accountable.
Relevance: We are committed to the pursuit of innovation and effectiveness.
Co-operation: We encourage and foster teamwork and partnerships.
Celebration: We give thanks by marking milestones and successes.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.
Position Purpose Summary
The Children and Youth Ministries Coordinator will work alongside Corps Officers and Leadership Team providing mentoring, discipleship, and outreach ministry to children and youth within the congregation and the local community.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate all aspects of a balanced children and youth ministry for school aged children and youth. Focusing on the areas of mentorship, discipleship, worship and outreach, providing oversight and direction.
- Be actively involved in outreach to the children and youth of our community, interacting and building relationships with children, youth and their families as well as encouraging involvement in existing Corps programs.
- Provide discipleship to children and youth and facilitate ongoing mentoring of the same.
- Provide oversight to special youth events, youth mission opportunities, youth discipleship and small groups.
- Provide pastoral care for children, youth and their families including effective follow-up of spiritual decisions made by children and youth.
- Recruit and equip capable, qualified leaders and volunteers for children and youth ministry and mobilize training.
- Promote and support divisional events, camps and programs.
- Network with other youth workers, community organizations, groups, schools, and the Divisional Youth Department on matters pertaining to children and youth ministry.
- Give oversight to the local delivery of the summer camp application process, with follow up to campers and families.
- Working in conjunction with Children and Youth Team, ensure regulation compliance with of all Salvation Army policy related to Youth Worker Screening Process and monitor for all youth workers and volunteers, keeping up-to-date records.
- Keep necessary records in accordance with the Annual Church Review.
- Create and provide leadership to a Children and Youth Team.
- Become a member of the Mission Board.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Two (2) years of Community College – or prior related experience.
- Post-secondary studies in Youth Ministry or Biblical/Theological Studies or equivalent.
- Accepts the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
- Strong organizational, motivational, administrative and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a positive attitude at all times and leading by example.
- Communication skills (both oral & written) and an ability to interact with the public.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to embrace growing technology needs as well as having the willingness to be coached.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint); the Internet and Social Media. As well as having the teachable spirit.
- Teachable spirit / provides and takes direction.
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s license with a favorable Driver’s Abstract.
- Current clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- To complete online Armatus Abuse Training and related Health & Safety courses.
- Work with children and youth in a compassionate, non-judge mental manner.
- Complete tasks with minimum amount of supervision.
- Confident, self-motivated, mission minded, team player, able to work with other staff and independently.
- Be flexible, motivated and an efficient problem solver.
- Demonstrate a dependable work ethic and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Maintain confidentiality, while part of a larger team, projecting a positive, professional and collaborative attitude.
- Communicate effectively, and exercise good interpersonal skills by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with clients, staff and community partners.
- Manage stress in a positive manner, and a flexibility and adaptability to change highly desirable.
- Drive a truck as required along with loading and unloading of equipment up to 40lbs.
40 hours per week
$37,400 - $46, 700 per year
Interested applicants are asked to contact Lieutenant Ian Scott by November 17, 2018
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6071 ]