Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Scarborough, Ontario , M1W2S5
SIM Canada is part of an international, interdenominational, evangelical mission with over 2,000 missionaries serving in more than 50 countries around the world. SIM Canada is a community of God's people who delight to worship him and are passionate about the Gospel, seeking to fulfill the mission of Jesus Christ in the world.
The purpose of this role is to oversee the accounting processes of SIM Canada and ensure adherence to current legislation for charities. This position provides leadership, meaningful financial planning, controls, financial reports and analysis to management, Board and outside regulatory agencies. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Job Functions: Oversee all aspects of SIM Canada’s financial management ensuring compliance with all relevant government legislation, agency policy and contractual obligations resulting from association memberships, partnership agreements, government funding, insurance requirements, etc.; Ensure that policies and procedures are in place to foster proper financial control and management; Manage the preparation of budgets and forecasts and monitor the actual financial performance against the approved budget toward the long term financial health of SIM Canada
- Liaises with Executive Director, Leadership Team and Finance & Audit Committee, SIM International colleagues, Personnel Department, and all members, staff, associates, and volunteers; Supervises the Accounting Assistant, Intermediate Accountant, Donor Relations Data Processors, and Finance volunteers
- Implement, supervise and maintain systems to safeguard assets and the disbursement of funds are adequately controlled
- Advise and provide direction to teams, audit committees, and board members regarding cash flow and ensure all spending is consistent with donor or funding agency desires and conditions
- Develop and manage a planning and budgeting process to control the financial affairs of SIM
- Keep full and accurate accounts of all receipts and disbursements of the SIM Canada in proper books of account
- Facilitate the work of the auditors and participate in all Audit committee meetings
- Manage the movement of funds through the SIM worldwide system to ensure smooth and efficient flow of finances
- Ensure inquiries, transfers, journal entries, analyses, and reports are done on a timely basis
- Approve and release monthly journal entries
- Perform such other duties requested by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors, as needed
All Staff in SIM Canada are to be involved in the following:
- Attend Daily Chapels
- Attend Monthly Half Day or Full day of Prayer
- Attend staff meetings, as needed
- Answer email and phone calls promptly
- Maintain and keep files and data systems under their responsibility up to date
- At least 5 years current experience in all areas of charity-related financial management
- Possesses a recognized accounting degree (CPA preferred)
- Strong understanding of Canadian charity law, systems and procedures
- Possess a passion for and basic understanding of missions, an ability to provide leadership to a team and demonstrate a commitment to the board approved direction and values of the organization
- Possess good people skills to build a positive team and work well with field missionaries and associates
Assets: Greater than 5 years experience working with long-term missions work, preferred
- Police Clearance Check Required upon offer
Location: 10 Huntingdale Blvd, Scarborough, ON
Work Hours: Full time position (37.5 hours/week), with primary work load carried out Monday to Friday
Application Deadline: November 21, 2018 (listing may be removed if a candidate has been chosen earlier than this date)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email heading "SENIOR ACCOUNTANT"
Mission Statement: SIM Canada’s mission is to glorify God by planting, strengthening, and partnering with churches around the world as we: evangelize the unreached, minister to human need, disciple believers into churches, and equip churches to fulfill Christ’s commission. SIM Canada sends missionaries FROM Canada to more than 65+ countries worldwide, receives missionaries TO Canada, ministers IN Canada alongside the church.
SIM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Posted Under: Accounting / Finance
Career ID: [ 6074 ]