Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Youth Ministry Assistant (Interim)
Youth Ministry Assistant (Interim)
Toronto, Ontario , M4T1Z9
Yorkminster Park Baptist Church (YPBC) is a large urban church serving a diverse community and a member of the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. YPBC is “committed to being a people who love and glorify God as we grow together in Christ, and love our neighbours as we love one another, and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with our world".
YPBC is looking for a part-time Youth Ministry Assistant for the 2018-19 school year to support the volunteer team and eventually the Director/ Minister of Family Ministries to minister to Junior High (Grades 6-8) and Senior High (Grades 9-12) youth. Currently, the main elements of the youth ministry include Sunday morning worship and Bible study, bi-weekly youth events (usually held on Friday nights), service projects, and annual winter retreats. (Note: YPBC is presently in the process of recruiting a Director/Minister of Family Ministries to lead the children's and youth programs. In the meantime, youth programs are being led by a team of volunteers).
Purpose of Position: to assist the volunteer team and eventually the Director/Minister of Family Ministries to minister to youth
Position Reports to: Board of Christian Education designate (interim basis) or Director/ Minister of Family Ministries (once position filled)
Time Commitment: 15 hours a week, divided as needed. Must be consistently available on Sunday mornings and for Friday night youth events
Length of commitment: to end of June 2019
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of YPBC
- A passion for youth ministry and enthusiasm to inspire and encourage youth in their lives of faith
- A team player who is capable of working independently when necessary
- Dependable in following through on commitments
- Organized; thorough; teachable
- Minimum two years of experience leading Bible studies and youth events, gained in church, camp, or equivalent settings, including as a volunteer, intern, or paid staff
- Facility with AV systems and social media is desirable
- Musical ability or experience with a worship band is an asset
- Set up for Sunday youth worship service (DOXA)
- Help lead youth worship service and coordinate with worship team weekly
- Be available and approachable in developing relationships with the youth
- Support volunteer leadership team (and ultimately Director/ Minister of Family Ministries) with long term planning for teaching and events
- Prepare for and lead Sunday morning Bible studies at the Junior High and Senior High levels
- Help organize, set up, and run Friday night youth events
- Participate in sanctuary service once a month on “Serve Sunday” (e.g., by leading a worship song in collaboration with the youth worship band)
- Assist in organizing and running intergenerational events (e.g., “Bethlehem on Yonge”)
Compensation: $15.00 per hour payable bi-weekly.
Contact Information and Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 16, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6075 ]