Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Senior Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant
Langley, British Columbia , V2Y1N5
Ministry: Athletes in Action (AIA
Location: Langley, BC
Reports to: AIA National Director and Managing Director
Position Type: Permanent Part-Time (25 hours) with possible Full-Time
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
Athletes In Action (a division of P2C) is a ministry that seeks to collectively as well as individually, spread the gospel of Jesus Christ by building movements of evangelism and discipleship through spiritual multipliers in the athletic world. No matter what type of work those involved with AIA do, whether they are staff or volunteers, we understand that our work collectively is to further this overall mission. We envision the day when there is a spiritually multiplying disciple on every team and in every sporting community in Canada. For more info, visit www.AthletesInAction.ca.
The aim is for the successful applicant to have a ‘win-win’ experience by providing administrative support towards the vision of helping people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
As part of the AIA National Office staff team, the Administrative Assistant provides an elevated level of administrative support according to the needs of the National Director and Managing Director.. Reporting directly to the National Director, the Administrative Assistant will maintain a professional demeanor as they communicate with office staff, field staff, and external stakeholders. Job flexibility is available with hours and work location able to vary according to personal needs while still maintaining regular oversight of key responsibilities.
- Confidential support provided to the National Director and Managing Director
- Comprehensive calendar management for National and Managing Directors
- Oversight and maintenance of expense accounts including account balancing and expense remittances
- Manage all internal and external correspondence on behalf of National and Managing Directors
- Oversee and organize all travel arrangements on behalf of Directors
- Special projects as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Administrative experience in an autonomous role preferred. In lieu of work experience, 2+ years of relevant experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a resourceful and initiative taker who will see problems and help provide solutions
- Have a commitment to Athletes In Action’s leadership, vision, methods and ministry models
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Experience using Gmail and Google Docs platform
- Willingness and desire to learn new systems such as Google Docs and ToDoist
- Able to re-prioritize in a dynamic and busy work environment
- Pleasant and professional demeanour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to travel may be required
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
This is a salaried position which includes benefits coverage.
Please visit our job board at p2c.com/serve/ to see other current openings.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6079 ]