Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Corporate Development Officer
Corporate Development Officer
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and British Columbia, and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services—food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Corporate Development Officer (CDO) is responsible for the management and cultivation of the corporate and the foundations sectors.
The CDO works collaboratively with the DD and development team to:
- Develop, implement and execute coordinated fundraising plans aligned with the strategic plan to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Engage the corporate community through TMS’s corporate partnership program to position TMS as a charity of choice.
The Development Officer is responsible for the development of their portfolio through:
- Prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate and foundation donors.
- Researching and matching interested corporations with TMS funding opportunities and increasing the level of giving with current donors.
- Attracting new corporations and foundations to support the strategic priorities of TMS.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce short-term and long-term strategic plans for TMS’ corporate portfolio.
- Market corporate partnerships, including the development of resource materials and strategies for contacting target corporations and foundations.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of strong corporate donors and foundation relationships through regular communications and personal visits, when appropriate.
- Speak on behalf of, and present TMS publicly within the marketplace, where appropriate.
- Implement corporate giving strategies (identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship) within the corporate partnership program portfolio, including sponsorships, gift-in-kind, employee giving and engagement, and volunteering.
- Develop fundraising proposals and stewardship reports; conduct tours of TMS's facilities and seek to engage donors in volunteer opportunities.
- Develop and propose strategies for solicitation of corporate and foundation gifts, including:
- determining ongoing relationships with prospect/donor
- recommending specific purpose and level of gift; identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation
- assuring that solicitations are carried out, and that effective and appropriate stewardship is executed
- Arrange meetings between prospects/donors and senior leaders of TMS
- Work closely with other Development staff to ensure effective coordination of effort with their programs and to reinforce the prospect relationship continuum
- Prepare funding proposals; draft written correspondence, reports, presentations and other materials to support ongoing donor development
- Identify opportunities to promote corporate matching programs
- Work with Director of Development, monitoring and adherence to budget
- Work in collaboration with the Research & Grant Writer to provide research to Director of Development identifying new prospects and existing corporate and foundation giving capacity with existing relationships
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Salesforce CRM and ensure the maintenance of timely, thorough and accurate donor records
- Work with the Marketing, Communications & Brand team as assigned to develop the tools necessary to develop and grow corporate partnerships
- Participate in cultivation and stewardship events
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates must have a university degree in a related field with a minimum of three years of development experience; demonstrated track record in corporate gifts preferred
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic, creative and goal-oriented with superior interpersonal skills
- Membership in AFP is a definite asset
- Good knowledge of, and operate according to, the AFP Guidelines & Donor Bill of Rights
- Good knowledge of, and operate within, CRA guidelines, which relate to financial and gift-in-kind donations and donor recognition
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to manage multiple projects
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Interest in participating in a Christian organization focused on supporting people living in poverty
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Permanent Full-time position working 40 hours per week. The position may work some evenings and weekends.
- This position is based in Edmonton; however, regular trips to Calgary and Red Deer are required
- Office Setting: onsite/offsite Mustard Seed locations, extended computer use, sitting, reaching, walking, standing, and minimal lifting
- Mental effort: moderate, periods of high volume workload
- Fast paced and demanding work environment
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Fundraising
Career ID: [ 6081 ]