Grimsby, Ontario , L3M 1E8
The Church Pianist is involved in an important ministry of supporting our worship teams and/or choir and engaging all of our congregation as we worship God during our services. This vital ministry should always point others to God as we come together in corporate worship and celebrate with our musical gifts. The person chosen for this role must be a Born-Again believer in Jesus Christ who desires to worship God and serve others.
- Desire to serve God and minister to others using your gifts and talents
- A minimum level of grade 8 piano is required with some experience in accompanying choral or instrumental groups preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of different church music and styles.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with different types of people and personalities.
Church Pianist playing for Sunday morning worship service at 10:30am to 12:00pm. Includes: prelude, praise time, children’s Hymn, offertory and postlude. Solo special performances are welcome. Sunday mornings 9:00am to 12:00pm, present for practice, warm up, and sound check as needed. Accompany Praise Team and /or Choir during the worship service. Thursday evening rehearsal or worship team practice is from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. These practices may be scheduled at a different time when mutually agreed upon by the pianist but availability is specifically made for the choir, small musical groups or worship teams to practice. No rehearsals will be held from mid-June to the beginning of September. This schedule may vary with prearrangement and mutual agreement to accommodate other musical events and holiday time. Other opportunities such as playing for weddings and funerals may occur which will be optional and reimbursed independently by the parties involved.
Terms of Service:
Permanent, part-time position. The Pianist is hired by the music committee.
Compensation to the employee will include a wage of:
- $25 CDN / hour
- 5 hours per week
- Unpaid vacation to a maximum of five weeks per year to be prearranged with a minimum 14 day notice to the Music Committee.
This position reports to the pastoral staff and to the music committee.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 6083 ]