Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Director of Kingswood Extended
Director of Kingswood Extended
Sussex, New Brunswick , E4E 5L2
Position Title: Director of Kingswood Extended
Classification: Part-time, Twelve-month, effective March 16, 2019. The position may be adjusted to full-time if combined with other responsibilities
Responsible To: VP for Academic Affairs
Purpose: To strengthen the local and global church by directing and expanding Kingswood Extended.
- Oversee the entire program of courses delivered through Kingswood Extended.
- Manage the system of non-credit courses, including Flame (Zoom) courses, correspondence courses, and hybrid courses, including:
- Securing, hiring, and evaluating instructors for all delivery modes, in consultation with the VPAA;
- Creating and implementing a system of course writing/rewriting;
- Expanding the selection of non-credit courses beyond the current ordination-track courses to implement other courses to strengthen ministry in the local and global church;
- Implementing certificate programs.
- Design and implement a system whereby students can convert non-credit courses offered through Flame, correspondence and Mosaic courses, to credit-bearing courses.
- Design and implement spiritual formation components for Kingswood Extended.
- Assist Kingswood University faculty in the development of online courses, including conversion of onsite to online.
- Manage the budget for Kingswood Extended, in consultation with the VPAA.
- In consultation with the Director of Marketing, continually market Kingswood Extended to local churches and districts.
- Where possible and appropriately qualified, teach one course per year.
- Represent Kingswood Extended and Kingswood University externally (e.g. district conferences).
- Attend chapel on a regular basis.
- View your position as a ministry including mentoring students in their Christian walk as opportunities arise in the fulfillment of your responsibilities;
- Work in collaboration with other Kingswood offices (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Registrar).
- Such other duties related to Kingswood Extended that are required to accomplish the mission of Kingswood University. Decisions related to programs for academic credit must follow standard approval policy (e.g. faculty, Board of Trustees).
- Director-level skills and experience including self-motivation, goal accomplishment, and work prioritization.
- Capacity to develop and implement new systems.
- Good interpersonal communication skills including listening, relating, and creative problem-solving.
- Good computer skills.
- Positive personal characteristics of attitude, flexibility, initiative, persistence, professional appearance and presentation, and team spirit.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Exemplary Christian character and lifestyle in agreement with the membership commitments for leaders of The Wesleyan Church and ministry and mission focus of the University;
- Understanding of and ability to communicate Christian values and beliefs to students;
- Commitment to assist enthusiastically in the fulfillment of the University’s mission.
General University Information
Kingswood University is owned by The Wesleyan Church. The mission of Kingswood is to serve Jesus Christ by strengthening the local and global church through forming Christ-like servant leaders in a community that creatively blends academic excellence and practical ministry experience with intentional spiritual formation.
Electronic resumes and cover letters should be in PDF format.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6086 ]