Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services - food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Social Media Specialist will work with passion to execute The Mustard Seed social media marketing strategy and brand. Working independently and as part of a collaborative team, the primary responsibilities of this permanent full-time position include leading and implementing storytelling, writing and editing and coordinating photography, video production for social media. The Social Media Specialist is accountable for the overall day-to-day management of the social media presence of The Mustard Seed and for achieving results, meeting all The Mustard Seed content and brand standards while mitigating known risks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Search out, discover and identify inspiring TMS stories to highlight on Social Media. This involves actively connecting to and conducting interviews with current TMS guests and community participants, alumni, volunteers and TMS staff on a daily basis.
- Implement and coordinate comprehensive TMS storytelling program and guest care program
- Create, coordinate, develop and execute social media posts through a wide array of multi-media, including writing, photography and videography.
- Develop and execute an inspiring and innovative social media plan to bring exposure to TMS’s work.
- Coordinate and improve TMS’s social media efforts and strategy, leading to more positive public engagement with TMS’s social media channels.
- Strategize, create, schedule, and post on social media channels to increase awareness and build meaningful connections. These include but are not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube.
- Improve TMS’s social media channels via data-driven analysis of tools such as testing, Google Analytics, and social analytics.
- Liaise with social media stakeholders (Community Engagement, Volunteer Services, Employment, Programs, Executive) to coordinate social media activity.
- Provide social media expertise and training to stakeholders. Assess and make recommendations about rapidly emerging tools and best practices. Discover and communicate relevant trends and best practices.
- Build and grow relationships with other provincial organizations and social media personalities that are popular or emerging, or are part of the national and international conversation on homelessness, poverty and addiction.
- Collaborate closely with Development and Marketing, Communications & Brand teams to share stories and leverage social media for fundraising and donor recognition.
- Establish a social media monitoring system, with benchmarks and regular reports.
- Achieve established goals for increases in social media exposure and engagement.
- Write appropriate content and obtain submissions from others for publication on The Mustard Seed blog and social media.
- Analyze and communicate results from social media marketing campaigns. Provide insightful analysis and recommendations to key stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent with strong writing skills or background in Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations.
- The successful applicant must have 3-5 years of experience that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Superior storytelling skills through a variety of mediums.
- Demonstrated experience and education in social media marketing, hands-on social media experience (audience development, social media marketing tools, best practices).
- Proficient skills for all social media platforms.
- Advanced skills in social media management, including software such as Hootsuite.
- Demonstrated expertise in using social media analytics and testing data to target and grow audiences.
- Energetic, innovative and results oriented prolific writer with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and drive for results.
- Intermediate skills in current Windows based computer operating environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with established models of communication and public relations.
- Strong marketing and brand communication skills.
- Ability to work alone, coordinating a wide-range of tasks and projects as assigned.
- Rounded experience in videography and photography, demonstrating a creative eye, is an asset.
- This position will be based in downtown Calgary with travel to Edmonton, Red Deer and other areas in Alberta as required.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days. The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6090 ]