Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Laila Biali. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 1st at 7 p.m.
Children's Ministry Pastor
Children's Ministry Pastor
Newmarket, Ontario , L3Y 6J1
For a large Community Church located in Vaughan, ON
Position Specification: October 2018
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee Children’s Ministry vision, programming, and communication for regular and special events.
- Supervise Children’s Ministry Assistant and Volunteers and ensure performance markers are achieved
- Be a liaison between church leadership and Children’s Ministry and partner with other church pastors and ministries
- Oversee communication between Children’s Ministry and church families
- Oversee and administrate Children’s Ministry budget
- As “vision caster,” the children’s minister is primarily responsible for defining a theological orientation for Children’s Ministry.
- Supervise, evaluate and ensure the quality of programming across all departments, including curriculum, supplies, materials, etc.
- Plan and coordinate Children’s Ministry special events, including VBS, Sunday, Family Events, and community outreach events.
- Develop and maintain a children’s learning environment that builds a strong foundation of Bible knowledge and Bible stories in an environment of fun, excitement and energy.
- Ensure meaningful recognition and integration of children into the life of the church.
- Design and implement customized plans for Special Needs Children attending our programs, including processes, forms and communication strategies.
- Work closely with Children’s Ministry Assistant in recruiting, interviewing, processing, onboarding, and staffing of volunteers for all Children’s Ministry programs.
- Oversee proper volunteer and staff training, including Plan to Protect.
- Provide ongoing training and leadership for Children’s Ministry leadership team and department coordinators.
- Connect with Children’s Ministry families and volunteers, represent Children’s Ministry at events organized by other departments.
- Review Children’s Ministry department reports and be in touch with department coordinators on on-going basis to understand improvements necessary in each Children’s Ministry department.
- Help resolve conflicts and challenges with children, parents, volunteers, etc. to ensure safety, well-being and growth in Children’s Ministry.
- Pay attention to and provide pastoral care to families in need.
- Oversee department budget.
- Ensure that all the departments have items necessary to provide a quality programming.
- A diploma in Elementary Education / Early Childhood Development/Bible College and some teaching experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Children’s Ministry or volunteer ministry.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, design and edit educational materials.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- A high degree of professionalism with proven leadership skills.
- Familiarity with CCB, Evernote, Nozbe and Dropbox apps an asset.
Judith Puttock, Human Resources Consultant has been retained for this search. Kindly submit your resume and cover letter stating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6095 ]