Bancroft, Ontario , K0L 1C0
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for overseeing the daily kitchen and dining room operations with focus on high quality food, optimized operational efficiency, food safety, and overall guest dining room experience. Reports to food services manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of all food items (including baked goods) according to pre-defined menu specifications.
- Punctual execution of buffet style services according to prescribed dining schedule.
- Promote and oversee very high level of food safety standard according to provincial requirements.
- Manage and inspire staff of up to 15 reports to common goal of exemplary guest experience.
- Train and develop skillset and aptitude of kitchen and dining room staff including food preparation and professional guests service skills.
- Maintain high level of facility cleanliness, sanitation, and organization including dining room set-up and light equipment maintenance duties.
- Track and manage kitchen and dining room inventory according to existent inventory tracking system.
- Optimize use of surplus food stuffs (left-overs) through proper food storage technique and minor menu adjustment.
- Liaise weekly with Food Services Manager on actionable issues regarding staff and general operations.
- 2 years cooking experience in commercial kitchen
- experience in high-volume buffet style service preferred
- Management experience in commercial kitchen environment
- Ability to adhere to food safety and general health and safety standards
- Experience training unskilled laborers in kitchen operations, especially high school aged staff
- Desire and aptitude to work with and develop high school aged staff (14-19 years)
- Eagerness to please guests and exceed expectations
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines
- High level of operational efficiency while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to be on feet for long periods of time
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills required
- As we are a Christian organization, the successful candidate must assent to our statement of faith
- Red Seal (Chef) – preferred but not required
Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6111 ]