Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Toronto, Ontario , M5A 2G7
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading an infectious movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
To assist the President & CEO by facilitating the efficient and effective functioning of the Executive Office; To coordinate administrative support for the Board of Directors; To provide administrative support to enterprise wide program/projects; to interface with major donors; To facilitate the communication of important information to the community; To contribute to the Mission’s overall Ministry, Ends, Objectives and strategic execution
Enable the CEO to shape and implement YSM’s vision and strategy
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments and extensive rescheduling while keeping CEO informed as needed.
- Anticipate travel needs of CEO and independently coordinate travel arrangements, based on understanding of CEO’s availability and obligations. Support with travel documentation and procedures (itineraries, visa/passport procedures). Also booking car rentals or the use of YSM vehicles and working with staff to ensure this is done smoothly without interrupting plans of any department.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and that the CEO is adequately prepared for meetings.
- Optimize meeting efficiency, ensure logistics, pre-read and follow-up items for every meeting are expedited and actioned in accordance with deadlines and that suitable preparation time is allocated.
- Serve as the liaison to all parties placing demands on CEO’s schedule
- Reply to phone calls and emails with promptness and accuracy.
- Compose confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, external stakeholders, and others on matters related to CEO’s initiatives
- Optimize information flow, research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature; determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Maintain accurate, organized files and databases (contact information, corporation membership, speaking engagements). Review and sort CEO’s electronic mail, identify action required and take action where appropriate
- Compile process and analyze data based on research objectives and prepare materials for CEO presentations (proofread, edit, format).
- Complete monthly expense reports, monitor budget, reconcile VISA and petty cash.
Enable the Board of Directors, Senior Management & Philanthropy to contribute to the Mission’s overall ministry goals and objectives
- Serve as the CEO’s administrative liaison to YSM’s board of directors.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships and communications with all board members.
- Work closely with the President, Board and Committees; finalize draft Agenda and prepare material for distribution prior to meetings; when invited, attend all Board/Standing Committee meetings and draft meeting minutes following full board sessions
- Coordinate and execute logistics for Board, Annual General and special meetings Spring Retreat,); including meeting invitations and responses, venue reservations, setup, meals and/or refreshments.
- Facilitate cross-divisional coordination of communications. Partnerships, and Donor/Stakeholder relations
- Assist in coordinating the agendas for Senior Leadership Team and Ministry Leadership Team meetings off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Administer the business operations annual calendar
- Follow-up on contacts made by the CEO and work closely alongside Philanthropy staff to support the cultivation and stewardship of donor relationships.
- Record donor related interactions in Raiser’s Edge and work with Philanthropy to secure donor related information in preparation for meetings
- Create gift acknowledgement letters and other correspondence from the CEO to donors
CEO special projects & enterprise wide projects
- Conduct research, and find resources to help CEO with strategic direction, and planning of future expansions and growth for YSM
- Effective prioritization and allocation of time, responsibilities and initiatives for all projects.
- Manage budgets of selected special initiatives that require funding for their implementation.
- Demonstrate capacity to work with multiple committees
- Help develop and assess the effectiveness of projects and events to inform sustainability, and to supply revisions to improve impact of all future projects/events.
- Leveraging technology, assist with enterprise wide project management excellence and consistency of project delivery based on standards
- Assist with training project leaders on standards and project platform(s)
- Involvement with project plan population, planning and monitoring through to conclusion Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) is an asset
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is an asset
Qualifications (professional, ministry, and managerial):
- The Incumbent must demonstrate Christian faith in practice to the organization, and to the communities we serve.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity, highly resourceful and trusted team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Self-directed with a proven ability to work well under pressure, competing priorities and with tight deadlines.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Experience (type and number of years):
- Five to Ten years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non – profit Christian Ministry Organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, Prezi, and Social Media web platforms
- Strong technology acumen and analytical skills; embraces innovation
- Knowledge of basic project management principles and technology
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
Deadline for Application: November 23rd, 2018
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to Cheryl Thibault and quote; “YSM EA Applicant” in the subject line.
Send resume and cover letter in confidence to: email@example.com
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6113 ]