Markham, Ontario , L3R 5M1
Founded by Dr. Charles F. Stanley in 1977, In Touch Ministries is a Christian non-profit organization that produces and distributes Christian content. Our content spans mediums such as: magazines, radio and television broadcasts. Our mission is to lead people worldwide into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and to strengthen the local church.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
In Touch Ministries of Canada is looking for a permanent, Part-Time Ministry Communicator/Financial for our Canadian office. We are looking for a well-rounded team player who has strong organizational skills, pays close attention to details, and has experience in accounting. This role also involves the use of a computer; thus, the individual should have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Quickbooks.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the essential duties include, but are not limited to: various administrative tasks like reporting, data entry, communications, website administration, and answering phones. Ensure that accounts are paid correctly and on time. Document and maintain the financial statements of the ministry.
- Accounting – review and process statements, payroll, and matters relating to the ministry’s finances
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive, collaborative team spirit; puts success of the team above own interest; able to build morale; adaptable to change in work environment
- Communication – Able to communicate clearly, accurately and with understanding with various people and positions through written or spoken means
- Excellence – demonstrates persistence to overcome obstacles; has a high standard of personal performance
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CMA designation preferred
- Previous accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong command of Microsoft applications
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
On average 2-3 days in the office per week (approximately 20 hours/week).
If this position interests you and your qualifications match, we encourage you to send us your cover letter, resume, and references. Come be part of this great team as we continue to serve God together.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates for the position will be contacted.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Ministry Communicator/Financial Position 2018.
Posted Under: Ministry - General
Career ID: [ 6116 ]