Business Studies Teacher
Business Studies Teacher
Toronto, Ontario , M3B 1T1
Canaan Global Academy is a New Private Christian School that provides OSSD credit courses from Grades 9-12, after school programs, English proficiency training and leadership skills.
We are looking for a committed Business Studies teacher who is passionate about teaching and working with learners from diverse backgrounds.
The ideal candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Marketing or relevant subject; must be able to teach multiple subjects, passionate about teaching and has an ability to connect with students and create a relationship of mutual trust and support, know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process.
Experience teaching international students is preferred.
- Provides individualized instruction via effective and interactive learning
- Plans and conducts lessons in a comprehensive manner using multimedia tools and interactive strategies to facilitate learning.
- Maintain an environment conducive to learning
- Create, distribute, document educational content in an organized format
- Assess and record student progress with continuous feedback and grades.
- Collaborate with other staff, students and parents to enhance the achievement of school goals.
- Observe, record and assist students in their behavior and be a role model for their development. Report any suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Engage in continuous self and professional development and be familiar with teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines.
- Respect and adhere to school policies
- Develop the curriculum and course outline for the course,
- Prepare and deliver instructional activities according to the curriculum that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop and implement unit and lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Provide resources to assist student learning.
- Apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary.
- Perform pastoral duties such as emotional support, counseling and spiritual support.
- Participate in extracurricular activities,
- Participate in school meetings and parent meetings and professional development.
- To teach students in the specialized subject area,
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual student
More Specific and technical requirements:
- Be familiar with and teach subjects such as Information and Communication Technology in Business, Accounting, Business management, Multimedia solutions, Management fundamentals, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Mentor students as they enter the field of entrepreneurship.
- Be able to operate a variety of equipment including copiers, projectors, Smart Boards, and document cameras, and being able to project material on the computer to the TV or a screen.
- Familiar with basic applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 6125 ]