General Director of 105 Gibson Centre
General Director of 105 Gibson Centre
Markham, Ontario , L3R 5A2
About 105 Gibson Centre:
TCCC has been actively serving the GTA communities since 1975. The 100 Acadia/ 105 Gibson location is providing much needed community services and programs reaching across the Scarborough, North York, Markham and Richmond Hill communities. TCCC is committed to bringing holistic ministry to the local communities in areas of physical, emotional, social, vocational, and spiritual needs. The goal is to contribute to the developing and building of healthy, caring, vibrant and life-changing communities.
105 Gibson Centre has been running since October 2013 with the mission statement of ‘To serve the locals and those in need, and to share with them the compassion and hope of Jesus’. With 105 Gibson being a faith-based Community Center, we collaborate with local community residents and stakeholders, and work with other likeminded Christian ministry partners. We also work with and received support from both government and non-government agencies to bring positive changes to the community towards the fulfillment of this vision. We are a growing service community with a dedicated team determined to serve people with diverse background and walks of life.
At the juncture of its 5th year, the 105 Gibson Centre has plans to develop and deploy more services and collaborate more extensively with local service partners. We are looking for a qualified and liked minded candidate with community service background, solid strategic planning ability, mature leadership skills, and a mission heart to lead, and to continue the development and transformation of a passionate and diverse service team to deliver the mission and fulfill the mandate of the supportive Christian community.
Under the general direction of TCCC Senior Pastor and the Gibson Advisory Body (GAB), the Gibson General Director will be responsible for strategizing, development, organization, delivery and quality control of the community program(s) and services to meet the goals of TCCC and needs of the community as well as the clients participating in the programs of the 105 Gibson Center.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop the annual and strategic Business Action Plan clearly showing 105 Gibson’s strategic plan as relates to TCCC’s overall strategic plan.
- Provides current research, public policy, community demographics, social enterprises directions and communities’ priorities for GAB to consider as strategic planning references.
- Conduct community survey for marketing and programming purposes.
- Plan, develop, implement and monitor sustainability strategies for program funding and operational needs,
- Develop and implement an advocacy plan for promoting the programs and its successes to all internal and external stakeholders. Communicate effectively to TCCC and communities at large to ensure greater visibility and understanding of goals, objectives and programming outcomes.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with TCCC’s governing body, and 105GC ministry leaders to further TCCC’s mission, vision, core values and overall strategic plan, as well as to foster the mission and vision of 105GC. Liaise with the Gibson Advisory Body to ensure execution of the strategic decisions made by GAB.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and potential community and ministry partners to further advance the common goals of serving the community.
- Represent 105 Gibson as in fundraising, public and media events, community meetings, agency events, funders’ events, local coalitions/ task forces.
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of program budget to meet fiscal objectives in revenue and expense goals.
- Develop, enforce and maintain a good working culture that embraces the core values of the 105GC.
- Pioneer the planning, execution and operation of new ministries as deem appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and participation of the programs, and collects statistical data for reporting, decision making and funding application purposes.
- Ensure all programs, staffs and volunteers observe and are in compliance with all legal and legislative (WSIB, safety, Human Rights, Employment Standard and all other government applicable standards), TCCC policies, regulations and quality standard.
- Investigates and resolves complaints or inquires in a timely manner, and report inappropriate or Criminal act to the proper authority immediately.
- Coach, lead, develop and manage the ministry teams to maintain and improve the quality of services and programming of community center delivered by staff (administrative and operational) as well as volunteers.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in related field and cross disciplines in education, theology, community programming, or social work, etc. Master degrees preferred.
- Ability to integrate and articulate the integration of Christian theology and social service in a local community context.
- At least five years proven experience and success in community priority group programming, such as youth, families, at-risk group, etc.
- Experience in front line work and in supervisory role with diverse groups, and with ability to build and sustain productive relationships.
- Proficiency in using computer and computer software such as MS Office and/or other presentation software.
- Must pass the vulnerability sector background check.
- Willing to subscribe to ACEM’s tenets of faith, constitutions of TCCC, and join regular membership of TCCC within 6 months of employment.
- Proficiency in English and effective communications in either Cantonese or Mandarin or both.
- Demonstrated experience in research, planning, and implementing community based initiatives.
- Strong consensus builder and able to collaborate with and convene multiple/ diverse partners in efforts that produce specific deliverables and demonstrates outcomes.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and able to provide own vehicle for workrelated trips, and able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent analytical ability, problem-solving and conflict management skills and detail orientated and the ability to organize and prioritize to achieve the overall goals.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Possess leadership abilities to create vision, design and manage a process for program development.
- Excellent interpersonal skill in engaging people with diverse ethnic, cultural, educational, socioeconomic and religious background.
- Familiarity with the community where TCCC and 105GC is located and the general social issues in the community.
- Excellent management and supervisory skill in a multi-staff and diverse volunteers setting.
Submission of application:
Interested person should send resume to HR@tccc.ca, the Human Resource committee before the end of day of Dec 28, 2018.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 6129 ]