Camp Store - Maternity Leave
Camp Store - Maternity Leave
Rosseau, Ontario , P0C 1J0
Muskoka Woods is a Christian youth development organization that welcomes everyone to an experience for a lifetime. Located on the shores of beautiful Lake Rosseau, we specialize in summer camp, school trips, group retreats and leadership development for all ages. We exist to inspire youth to shape their world.
Job Title: Camp Store Manager
Reports to: Director of Resort Operations
Employment Status: Maternity Leave Contract:
January 21st, 2019 to January 31st 2020
Location: At our Resort in Rosseau, ON
The Camp Store Manager is responsible for the overall success of our camp store. They are accountable for ensuring our staff provide great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store. This role focuses on the management, administration and scheduling of the Camp Store, including training and supervision of staff, procurement of food/beverage, inventory management and financial reporting.
Key Job Functions:
- Sales, Finance and Administration
- Achieves annual revenue targets
- Achieves financial objectives by monitoring annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Suggests pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provide creative ideas to enhance customer engagement and store sales
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records
- Keeps track of inventory and prepares reports accordingly
- Prepares financial reports as requested by the Finance Department
Leadership and Staffing
- Responsible for leading and supervising all seasonal staff assigned to the store.
- Plan, organize and help facilitate training of all seasonal staff.
- Ensure the safety of all guests and staff by executing all policy and procedures within the camp store.
- Maintain staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results through “Growth Rings” performance appraisal process
- Lead staff initiatives in alignment with corporate culture; Attend, participate, lead team meetings, bible studies, one on one meetings, small groups, Cadence and community social events.
Day to Day Operations
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Ensure the Camp Store runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Oversee stock replenishment, make and receive order deliveries.
- Ensure the Camp Store is kept neat, tidy and guest ready.
- Follow and require all Health & Safety, and Food Handling Requirements.
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Provide creative ideas, and suggestions to improve guest experience.
- Works day to day in the operations of the store by serving customers, working the cash register, cleaning and maintaining the Camp Store and Coffee Can.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Strong understanding of sales and customer service techniques, especially with children and youth
- Customer service mindset, with children, youth and adults
- Proficient at using a computer database and productivity software
- Proven history of successful employee training
- Strong financial acumen and ability to generate financial reports
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Personal values that match Muskoka Woods core values
- University degree or college diploma in business or related field is preferred
- 2+ years of previous retail and customer service experience.
- Leadership or management experience.
- Ability to lift and move 10 to 40lbs
- Able to stand, walk and work for 6 to 8 hours
- Possess physical and mental strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of guests and staff
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with guests and staff.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest in Muskoka Woods!
Posted Under: Camps
Career ID: [ 6143 ]