President and Dean of Theology
President and Dean of Theology
Wolfville, Nova Scotia , B4P 2R6
Acadia Divinity College invites applications for a full-time President of Acadia Divinity College and Dean of Theology.
The President of Acadia Divinity College (ADC) and Dean of Theology at Acadia University is a spiritually grounded academic and visionary leader who collaboratively guides the College in its mission to “equip Christian leaders for full-time and voluntary ministry in Canada and the world.” The President / Dean serves in an environment that places students at the centre of the educational experience, equipping them to lead with passion, purpose, skills, and knowledge to serve the mission of the Christian church in the reality of ever-changing cultures. The President / Dean ensures that Acadia Divinity College has the financial resources, facilities, equipment, and investments to accomplish its mission and meet its obligations.
The President / Dean participates in, and contributes to, the life and mission of the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada. While committed to historic Baptist principles, the President / Dean values diversity and works effectively with a broad spectrum of multi-denominational and non-denominational partners in advancing the work of the College.
As Dean of the Faculty of Theology for Acadia University, the President is an academic leader, engaged with the academy, and committed to ensuring academic rigour in ADC faculty and students, as well as works collaboratively with the President and Vice-Chancellor of the University to maintain and enhance the positive relationship between ADC and Acadia.
- A sound academic foundation that includes an earned credential at the Doctoral level
- A commitment to excellence in theological education, including a track record of ongoing personal study and research
- Experience working within a post-secondary institution or a similar complex organization
- A track record of fostering and maintaining positive relationships within the Baptist community, inter-denominational and non-denominational bodies, business, government, and other institutions locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- An in-depth understanding of the realities of churches and theological education in a post-Christian society
- A range of ministry experiences, preferably including experience working in a church congregation
Starting Date: July 1, 2019
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
Review of Applications will begin January 8, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be able to enthusiastically endorse and personally support the mission and affirm the theological position of the College. We make every effort to hire exceptional individuals. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Acadia Divinity College is an evangelical seminary located on the campus of Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada, offering Bachelor of Theology, Master of Divinity, Master of Arts (Theology), and Doctor of Ministry degrees. Courses are taught on the main campus as well as at extension sites in Halifax and New Brunswick.
Acadia Divinity College is governed by a Board of Trustees appointed by the Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada. It is an accredited seminary of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. The College is certified by the Canadian Council of Christian Charities.
Qualified candidates wishing to be considered for this position should send:
- A letter of application;
- CV with names of at least three referees and their contact information; and,
- A teaching and research portfolio, if applicable.
Mrs. Kathy Watt, Chair of the Board of Trustees
Acadia Divinity College
15 University Avenue
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada B4P 2R6
For further information about Acadia Divinity College including a job description, visit www.acadiadiv.ca/presidential-search.
We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The College reserves the right not to fill this position.
Posted Under: Education
Career ID: [ 6148 ]