Vineland, Ontario , L0R 2C0
The youth and sports ministries have been identifies as key ministries in our vision statement. Our plan is to create a part time Youth/Sports Director position to support this vision plan with the goal of nurturing spiritual development in the youth, primarily through Vineland Missionary Church’s midweek program; and to establish a vibrant sports ministry.
Currently, the job will be 20 hours per week, with yearly assessments to see if the hours need to be adjusted based on the workload.
- To demonstrate personally, and practically, a Christianity that is relevant and real.
- To lead youth to a personal understanding and faith in Jesus Christ.
- To encourage youth to be involved, not onlookers, in the ministry of the church.
- To assist in the development of the future leaders for the church.
- To promote an evangelistic outreach to the youth of our community.
- To lead our weekly youth program, and to support and encourage volunteers who help serve in the youth program, and to communicate regularly with parents of the youth.
- Establish and develop a weekly sports program.
- To oversee and support the leader of the JAM program.
- To assist and participate in the summer sports camp leadership team.
- To attend Vineland Missionary Church.
- Communicate regularly with the staff supervisor, fellow staff, and church congregation about the Youth and Sports ministries in order to inform and build excitement.
- Find ways to have the youth build connections to transition and participate in Sunday worship throughout the year (e.g. mentoring relationships in serving roles).
- Work in conjunction with the “Kids and Youth Ministry” vision steering team.
- Work in conjunction with the “Sports Ministry” vision steering team.
- Lead a team of youth ministry volunteers and a team of sports ministry volunteers by: recruiting, training, delegating, and organizing. And at regular intervals to conduct debriefs with the volunteers.
- Have a strong and visible faith in Jesus.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelors degree in youth and/or ministry or equivalent education, and minimum 2 years experience leading a youth or sports ministry (the experience could be in a volunteer capacity).
- Have strong organizational skills.
- To be self motivated.
- Be a positive staff team member.
- Attend regular staff meetings.
- Submit a monthly report to the Lead Pastor of activity, a schedule of events and teaching topics, and spiritual victories witnessed.
- Assist the Lead Pastor when necessary and possible.
As a congregation we intend to:
- Support the youth and sports ministry with the tools, budget, and materials needed to allow the ministry to grow and flourish.
- Provide an office.
- Provide a positive work environment.
- Support the Youth/Sports Director with more hours as the ministry grows.
- Provide feedback and communication about the ministry and the Youth/Sports Director’s roll.
Preference will be given to applicants who are Canadian Citizens.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Youth/Youth Worker
Career ID: [ 6150 ]