Almelo, Outside Canada/International
Nes Ammim is currently recruiting a General Manager (Nes Ammim, Israel).
This challenging position is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial professional with solid management experience.
Nes Ammim is a village in the Western Galilee, Israel, dedicated to encounter and dialogue, learning and hospitality. In its midst lives an international ecumenical Christian community, founded and supported by European Christians and churches. Its members, motivated by the lessons of the past and the challenges of the present, are living, working and learning in solidarity with the wide spectrum of people in the country: Jews, Arabs and others.
The Centre for Learning and Dialogue (CLD) is a foundation that provides ideological activities such as study, dialogue and fellowship activities for the volunteers, inhabitants of the village, visitors, people on study leave, and for others who want to experience the community life for some time. The CLD hosts local dialogue activities as well as initiatives from Christian organizations and churches that take place within Nes Ammim. The CLD also contributes to the expansion of educational tourism with the aim of attracting and serving groups from Europe that are interested to visit and explore the Galilee and the Israeli society.
Besides this Nes Ammim has set up a residential neighbourhood on its former agriculturally used land, with the aspiration that Jews, Arabs and others will live together in peace, mutual acceptance and tolerance as a model for the region and the nation.
To generate additional income Nes Ammim rents out its assets as there are houses and apartments in the village, the 35 hectare avocado orchard and the surrounding agricultural parcels of land. These activities take place within the company Nes Ammim Centre Ltd.
Purpose of the job
Nes Ammim has two managers, the General manager and the Hotel manager. Together they are in charge of Nes Ammim, each with their specific area of responsibility, and reporting to the Board of Directors (BoD). The General manager leads and manages the community, the CLD and the support staff.
The General manager, under the supervision of the BoD, has the following responsibilities:
- Together with the Hotel manager and BoD develop the vision and strategy for Nes Ammim;
- In co-operation with the Hotel manager implement the annual plan, including monitoring, budgeting and reporting;
- Organize, coordinate and develop the activities of the Nes Ammim community and the CLD, including its income generating activities;
- Manage and coach the facility manager, village manager, HR manager, the accounting and finance staff and the communications officer;
- Raise funds for ongoing activities of the CLD and the community, including networking with (possible) donors;
- Ensure the overall wellbeing of the volunteers;
- Create a positive, encouraging and productive atmosphere within the community;
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders of Nes Ammim;
- Oversee the volunteer’s administrative systems (like hour registration, insurances, visa, accommodation, etc.);
- Maintain and develop organizational policies and procedures;
- Facilitate group work and community building between the Nes Ammim community and the inhabitants of the new village;
- Prepare reports for the BoD, donors and funding churches.
- MA/MSc. degree in business management or other relevant field. Candidates with a BSc degree that have extensive relevant experience are also invited to apply;
- Multi-year relevant experience managing organizations and teams;
- Demonstrated experience in building personal and professional networks;
- Good understanding of organizational governance and management, including financial and operational policies and processes;
- Experience modelling behaviour, building, leading and developing a team of staff with different backgrounds and expertise, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span-of-control, performance and personal growth;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written; excellent command of the English language;
- Preferably experience working with young people;
- Relevant working experience in an international and cross cultural context;
- Results oriented, servant-leadership skills, hands-on;
- Full support of the mission, vision and Christian core values of Nes Ammim;
- Willingness to live in a small village community for a period of at least two years.
Nes Ammim offers an extraordinary opportunity in a beautiful and unique setting; in an organization that plays a special role in the interreligious dialogue and contributes to better understanding between Jews and Palestinians. You will become part of an ambitious, growing and financially sound international organization with a dedicated team of colleagues. Furthermore, you are offered:
- A full-time position;
- Accommodation, meals, a modest compensation package (partly on voluntary basis; negotiable), use of a car, health insurance, contribution to pension provisions;
- The opportunity to participate in an interesting study program.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send their cover letter and resume at the latest on December 15th, 2018 to David Karelse at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Nes Ammim. This includes a reflection on Nes Ammim being a Christian organization. For more information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact David at +31682568838.
Due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We reserve the right to close this advert before the confirmed closing date, when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are kindly advised to submit your application as soon as possible. An (e-) assessment may be part of the selection process.
Posted Under: Management
Career ID: [ 6152 ]