Office Assistant / Tuck Shop Administrator
Office Assistant / Tuck Shop Administrator
Port Sydney, Ontario , P0B 1L0
Job Type: Seasonal - Spring/Summer
Duration: May 5, 2019 to September 1, 2019
Camp Mini-Yo-We (“Camp”) is a community. Choosing to work in this community is more than taking a “job”; it is deciding to be part of a team committed to achieve our mission: developing tomorrow’s leaders through life changing adventures in God’s creation.
This is a Spring through Summer (May – August) position with multi-faceted responsibilities. He or she is responsible for the public presentation of Camp in the Office context. The Office Assistant must be cheerful and welcoming, as they are often the first contact many people have with Camp, either on the phone, in person, or via email. This includes, but is not limited to, overall responsibility in the following areas:
- Reception and telephone functions
- Communication with campers, prospective families, constituents and alumni
- Camper registrations and data entry
- Maintaining the office environment
- Office support for camp programs and other camp departments
- General support for the Office Manager
- Be a Christian demonstrating a mature attitude of servant leadership, while having a heart for children and young people.
- Have a servant attitude, being both helpful to all and committed to “community”; the person in this role must be flexible and willing to pitch in and assist as part of the team.
- Be a teachable person of integrity.
- Demonstrate ease of communication with parents/guardians, suppliers, children, church leaders, and fellow workers.
- Cheerful with an upbeat personality and a pleasant telephone manner and helpful attitude towards all. Demonstrates ease of communication with parents/guardians, suppliers, children, church leaders, and co-workers.
- Managing Reception and Office Functions
Responsible for the daily functions of the Office to support Summer Camp, Outdoor Centre, and other Camp Mini-Yo-We events. This involves managing the phone, emails, postal mail, inter camp mail, faxes, directing visitors and deliveries, maintaining office supplies, etc., as well as providing general office support for other departments.
Responsible for assisting the Summer Camp Registrar in helping parents/guardians navigate and make alterations to their online camper registrations through our CampBrain database system. This also includes generating weekly reports through CampBrain for distribution.
- Tuck Shop (Camp Store)
Responsible for entering tuck deposits into the POS system and assisting the Tuck Administrator with work overflow.
- Communications and Relationships
It is expected that all staff members will take initiative in communication and ensure that all parties are kept informed as required. It is expected that this person will subject themselves to the lines of authority and have an appreciation for the overall goals of the organization.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Additional duties may be assigned to facilitate the overall objectives of the ministry.
Knowledge, Ability, Education, and Experience:
- Competence in the following: administration, telephone etiquette, management, customer service, summer camp leadership, computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite).
- Quick learner with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Punctual and Self-motivated; takes initiative to be efficient and responsible for assigned tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational abilities; knowing how to plan ahead, anticipate needs, prioritize tasks and maintain focus.
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills; anticipating problems in day to day operations and developing solution options and recommendations.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Must be discerning and comply with confidentiality laws and responsibilities.
- Leadership ability and a team player.
- Campers, Parents/Guardians, Guests, and Seasonal Staff
- Office Manager, Outdoor Centre Staff, Summer Camp Directors, Seasonal Staff, and all Year Round Staff.
- Is fiscally dependable within the budget in the areas which he/she is responsible.
- Helps to determine the best use of resources to accomplish Camp’s mission.
- Weekly balance of Office till.
Conditions of Work:
- Staff members must willingly sign agreement to and the acceptance of Camp’s Statement of Faith and the General Staff Guidelines as published in the Staff Manuals.
Please apply online at https://www.miniyowe.com/about-us/jobs/summer-staff/
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6160 ]