Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
GTA Strategy Coordinator Among Punjabi Sikhs
GTA Strategy Coordinator Among Punjabi Sikhs
Brampton, Ontario , L7A3W2
Global Gates Canada's vision is to reach the ends of the earth through Canadian gateway cities, beginning with the GTA. The mission of Global Gates Canada is to see gospel transformation of the world’s most unevangelized people groups who have come to Canadian gateway cities, and through them reach their communities around the world. All of our workers partner with the Lord to raise their own prayer and financial support in order to serve with Global Gates Canada. An admin fee of 10% is received from all funds raised, for organizational support and development. At this time, this ministry role is limited to applicants physically living in North America, preferably from Canada, though applicants from the USA also may be considered
Our Mission Plan
- Raise the missions climate in Canadian gateway cities
- Mobilize ministries
- Minister in Jesus' name
- Make multiplying disciples that plant multiplying churches
- Launch disciple-making & church planting movements around the world
- Urban: the world is going urban while mission endeavors have largely remained rural. Missionaries often live in cities but focus their efforts in rural areas which they perceive to be more open to the gospel. However, over half of the world is already living in cities and this number will surpass 66 percent by 2050 (United Nations World Urbanization Prospects Report, 2014). Global Gates is focusing on what the world is becoming—an urban world!
- Diaspora: the world’s people are on the move. Globally, over 232 million people currently live away from their home country (United Nations, 2014), but the numbers are even larger when you add the children of immigrants, those who lived abroad and then returned home, and those who have internally migrated within their own countries. Global Gates Canada is focusing on a new era of missions aimed at reaching a world already connected through global diaspora relationships.
- Unreached People Groups (UPGs): today, nearly 40 percent of the world’s peoples remain unreached by the gospel (Joshua Project, 2015). Nowhere is there a greater concentration of unreached diaspora peoples than in cities. Global Gates Canada is focusing on the unreached in these cities who have been neglected or written off as too difficult to reach. We seek to start churches among peoples who do not have one. And when they do have a church, we want to help them multiply a movement of disciples and churches that will transform their community with the gospel.
- Gateway Cities: relationships flow back and forth through gateway cities to unreached peoples on the other side of the globe, making the world a smaller place. Modern immigrants symbolize a new era in pioneer missions—one in which today’s migration, transnationalism, globalization, and urbanization pose unprecedented opportunities to take the gospel to the ends of the earth through the gateways provided within our own cities.
- Discovering and Implementing Best Practices for Disciple-Making Movements: we are trusting the Lord to bring about disciple-making and church-planting movements among unreached peoples in and through gateway cities. Global Gates is committed to best practices that the Lord is using around the world, seeking His guidance in how best to adapt and implement these methods for reaching unreached peoples in global gateway cities.
Why Is A "Strategy Coordinator" Needed?
Although there are a couple of Sikh-background focused churches in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), they pale in comparison to the massive need for multiplying disciples among the 159,000+ Sikhs living here. There has been little focused, intentional evangelism and discipleship among Punjabi Sikhs in GTA; existing believers and churches are only now waking up to the reality of the number of Sikhs in GTA that have immigrated here during the past generation. Sikhs speak primarily Punjabi and English here in GTA.
Sikhs have a scattered presence across GTA, but their most concentrated population is in Brampton (also known as “Browntown”), a huge suburb of nearly 700,000 located at the western end of GTA. Brampton contains at least six Sikh temples (‘gurdwara’: ‘door to the guru’). At least four temples and Sikh association centers exist in neighboring Mississauga. Restaurants/cafes, grocery stores, and other institutions also abound throughout GTA that add to Sikh cultural life. Gospel impact in Brampton & Mississauga would ripple throughout the GTA Sikh population and their connections worldwide, including Vancouver and Abbotsford in Canada, Yuba City in California, Detroit, Chicago, Austin, Colorado, Massachusetts, Illinois, Wisconsin, Florida, Oklahoma, New York, and in the Punjab district of northern India.
Global Gates Canada offers customized training for our missionaries called Pathways to Success. Depending on the missionary’s prior experience, Pathways could involve building skills in language learning, ethnographic research, mobilizing and training partners, spiritual formation, evangelism and discipleship, church planting methodology, and leadership. To become an effective Strategy Coordinator, the missionary candidate may need to develop particular skills first. Global Gates Canada offers a one-week Strategy Coordinator training (currently presented in NYC) and ongoing coaching to assist missionaries in their task. As a Global Gates Canada missionary, the training and materials would be provided for you at no cost, though you would need to cover transport costs to/from NYC, lodging at the training site (inexpensive dorm-style lodging is available), and meals.
Job Description Summary
A Global Gates Canada Strategy Coordinator’s primary task is to develop and implement an aggressive strategy to reach a particular unreached people group, or affinity of unreached people groups, with the gospel of Jesus Christ---in this case, Punjabi Sikhs. The Strategy Coordinator builds an ecosystem of prayer, ministry, evangelism, discipleship, church multiplication, and leadership development that, through the power of the Holy Spirit, births a multiplication of disciples and churches throughout the prioritized people group and beyond.
Major Responsibilities and Functions
- Become an expert on Sikhs' worldview.
- Develop and/or obtain gospel resources (Bibles, audio Scripture, chronological Bible stories, testimonies, videos, etc.) in the Punjabi language.
- Raise up laborers from among Sikhs, and recruit laborers from outside of the Sikh people group, to saturate Sikhs with the gospel.
- Nurture a vision for the spread of the gospel, multiplication of disciples, and planting of churches among Sikhs in the GTA and through them to other communities of Sikhs around the world.
- Create and implement a comprehensive prayer, ministry, evangelism, discipleship, church planting, and leadership development strategy to stimulate church multiplication movements among the Sikhs.
- Continually learn and implement best practices in church multiplication.
- Collaborate with other evangelicals to model and train in evangelism, disciple making, church planting, and leadership development.
- As new Sikh believers emerge, give primary attention to them to nurture their role in leading multiplying movements of disciples and churches.
- Evaluate and adapt methods based on what God has done and is doing.
- Start multiple streams of disciple-making and church planting to reach all population segments and networks of the Sikhs within the GTA and their communities worldwide.
- Submit short monthly reports to an assigned coach or supervisor.
- Submit an annual report to Global Gates Canada leadership.
- Meet or video conference with your assigned Global Gates Canada coach once a month to evaluate and strengthen the work.
- Participate in SC & other meetings with senior GG Canada leadership as requested.
Strategy Coordinator Characteristics
- Missionary Qualifications - Must meet the general missionary qualifications required for Global Gates Canada missionaries.
- Visionary - The Strategy Coordinator needs to envision what God desires for the Sikhs in the GTA and through Sikhs' communities around the world.
- Spiritually Mature - The Strategy Coordinator needs to be spiritually mature and committed to sound evangelical beliefs and practices. He or she must know and obey God’s Word and point others to the authority of God’s Word.
- The Strategy Coordinator must be a person of integrity. He or she is a person of prayer who expects God to demonstrate power in bringing Sikhs to Christ.
- Strategic - The Strategy Coordinator needs to align tools, time, relationships and resources, to accomplish God's vision for the Sikhs. He or she is strategic in partnering with the larger Body of Christ to accomplish more than one can do alone or on a small team.
- Intentional, focused, and disciplined - The Strategy Coordinator needs to be a self-starter who is able to avoid distractions to maximize evangelism, discipleship and church multiplication among the Sikhs. The Strategy Coordinator must discern what is most fruitful to do with his or her time, and with whom that time should be spent.
- A Learner - The Strategy Coordinator must be a lifelong learner committed to learning and sharing best practices for Kingdom advance among the Sikhs.
- Passionate - The Strategy Coordinator must have a sense of urgency. Sikhs are lost and dying every day without Jesus Christ.
- Faith-Filled Perseverance – The Strategy Coordinator has faith that God will reach the Sikhs. When obstacles arise, the Strategy Coordinator tenaciously perseveres, clinging to the vision of the Lord birthing a church planting movement among Sikhs.
Statement of Faith: What We Believe
Global Gates Network of Canada agrees with the statement of faith adopted by the Lausanne Covenant.
Global Gates Network of Canada seeks to reproduce disciples and churches among unreached and least-reached peoples. As a result, we will consistently focus our efforts on sharing the gospel with unreached and least-reached peoples in a way that they can understand and we will promote indigenous leadership, ministries, and churches to be birthed out of our organization.
Some of our core values include:
- Believing and trusting in God to accomplish what He desires (Is 55:10-11, Matt 6:33-34)
- Focusing ministry on unreached and least-reached peoples (Rom 15:20, Matt 28:19-20, Matt 24:14, Rev 7:9-10)
- Proclaiming the gospel in ways that it can be heard, understood, and received in one’s own cultural context (1 Cor 9:19-23)
- Doing good in the name of Jesus to all people (Gal 6:9-10)
- Starting reproducible churches (Gen 1:28, Matt 16:18, 2 Tim 2:2, Matt 24:14)
- Equipping churches and Christians to work among the unreached and least-reached (Eph 4:11-12)
- Creating synergy in ministry by partnering with like-minded organizations and people (Eph 4:1-16, 1 Cor 12:12-30, Rom 12:3-8)
- Allowing Christ to transform our worldview (Rom 12:1-2, Col 1:13)
- Following the teachings of the Bible, so as to bear fruit as followers of Christ (1 Tim 3:16; Gal 5:22-26)
- Practicing obedience-based discipleship (Matt 7:21; Luke 6:46)
For more information, please contact :
Directors of Global Gates Network of Canada
Posted Under: International/Missions
Career ID: [ 6180 ]