Christmas in the Chapel presents the Tyndale Community Choir with special guest Mark Masri. Start the Christmas season with traditional favourites and a blend of genres to stir your heart. December 7th for 2 shows. Get your tickets before they are sold out.
Brampton, Ontario , L7A3W2
Global Gates Canada's vision is to reach the ends of the earth through Canadian gateway cities, beginning with the Greater Toronto Area. The mission of Global Gates Canada is to see gospel transformation of the world’s most unevangelized people groups who have come to Canadian gateway cities, and through them reach their communities around the world. All of our workers partner with the Lord to raise their own prayer and financial support in order to serve with Global Gates Canada. An administrative fee of 10% is received from all funds raised by our workers in order to sustain organizational growth & development. At this time, this ministry role is limited to applicants physically living in North America, preferably from Canada, though applicants from the USA also may be considered
Our Mission Plan
- Raise the missions climate in Canadian gateway cities
- Mobilize ministries
- Minister in Jesus' name
- Make multiplying disciples that plant multiplying churches
- Launch disciple-making & church planting movements around the world
- Urban: the world is going urban while mission endeavors have largely remained rural. Missionaries often live in cities but focus their efforts in rural areas which they perceive to be more open to the gospel. However, over half of the world is already living in cities and this number will surpass 66 percent by 2050 (United Nations World Urbanization Prospects Report, 2014). Global Gates Canada is focusing on what the world is becoming—an urban world!
- Diaspora: the world’s people are on the move. Globally, over 232 million people currently live away from their home country (United Nations, 2014), but the numbers are even larger when you add the children of immigrants, those who lived abroad and then returned home, and those who have internally migrated within their own countries. Global Gates Canada is focusing on a new era of missions aimed at reaching a world already connected through global diaspora relationships.
- Unreached People Groups (UPGs): today, nearly 40 percent of the world’s peoples remain unreached by the gospel (Joshua Project, 2015). Nowhere is there a greater concentration of unreached diaspora peoples than in cities. Global Gates Canada is focusing on the unreached in these cities who have been neglected or written off as too difficult to reach. We seek to start churches among peoples who do not have one. And when they do have a church, we want to help them multiply a movement of disciples and churches that will transform their community with the gospel.
- Gateway Cities: relationships flow back and forth through gateway cities to unreached peoples on the other side of the globe, making the world a smaller place. Modern immigrants & refugees symbolize a new era in pioneer missions—one in which today’s migration, transnationalism, globalization, and urbanization pose unprecedented opportunities to take the gospel to the ends of the earth through the gateways provided within our own cities.
- Discovering and Implementing Best Practices for Disciple-Making Movements: we are trusting the Lord to bring about disciple-making and church-planting movements among unreached peoples in and through gateway cities. Global Gates Canada is committed to best practices that the Lord is using around the world, seeking His guidance in how best to adapt and implement these methods for reaching unreached peoples in global gateway cities.
Job Description Summary
A Global Gates Canada Administrative Assistant’s primary role is to learn, develop, implement, and maintain administrative tasks that will assist Global Gates Canada in accomplishing its mission of reaching the ends of the earth through Canadian gateway cities. The administrator builds an ecosystem of trust, transparency, and efficiency of logistical, relational, & communicative tasks that allow Global Gates Canada leadership and missionaries to place primary focus on the task of reaching unreached people groups with the gospel of Jesus. This is a support role, but vital to the overall mission of Global Gates Canada. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Directors of Global Gates Canada.
Global Gates Canada offers customized training for our missionaries called Pathways to Success. Depending on the missionary’s prior experience, Pathways could involve building skills in language learning, ethnographic research, mobilizing and training partners, spiritual formation, evangelism and discipleship, church planting methodology, and leadership.
Major Responsibilities and Functions
- Receive all emails to email@example.com
- Respond to all these emails promptly or forward them promptly to the most relevant recipient(s) within Global Gates Canada.
- Write and send emails as directed by Global Gates Canada's Director
- Make phone calls on behalf of Global Gates Canada's Director & keep/relay notes to aid in clear communication both within the organization & to those outside the organization
- Maintain organizational project workflow through the use of programs such as MeisterTask etc.
- Assist Global Gates Canada missionary candidates through the application process, including cooperation with your Global Gates USA counterpart for missionary candidates from the USA:
- Receive missionary applications and distribute to appropriate GTA Hub Leader and Personnel Selection Department
- Customize behavioral questionnaire template for candidates through Google forms and send to candidates with instructions
- Connect married candidates to 'Prepare Enrich' marital inventory facilitators
- Send reference form template to candidates with instructions and receive completed references
- Perform background checks (as required) in conjunction with Shirley Sells of Global Gates USA
- Work with candidates to make sure all application-related processes are done in a timely fashion
- Send candidate file to the interview team at least one week prior to interview
- Assist with communication to candidates post-interview
- Receive and process book/pamphlet orders from website and Global Gates Canada missionaries
- Design Global Gates Canada quarterly updates for supporters & subscribers:
- Collect quotes from missionaries throughout the year to use in updates
- Request/receive Director’s letter from the Global Gates Canada Director and other relevant news to incorporate into updates
- Update Global Gates Canada website and blogsite through Wordpress as directed
- Provide support/logistics for Global Gates Canada trainings and meetings (Strategy Coordinator trainings, leadership trainings, sexual harassment trainings, GTA Hub & Global Gates Canada Hub Leaders' gatherings, incoming volunteer team orientations, G3 meetings, etc)
- Provide logistical support for Global Gates Canada Board of Directors as needed o Compile annual reports. o Work with the Global Gates Canada Leadership team to disseminate information to the Board of Directors in a timely manner.
- Answer phone calls for Global Gates Canada that will be forwarded to a designated telephone number
- Maintain Global Gates Canada subscription list through Sendinblue and send Global Gates Canada email updates
- Maintain Global Gates Canada master calendar & GTA Hub calendars (both in Word and Google Calendar formats & push out updates to all Global Gates Canada workers in both respective contexts)
- Work with the GG Director + the Director of Communications to make regular Global Gates Canada posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & other social media platforms with news/events updates, prayer needs, people group profiles, videos, articles, and links to other content relevant to the Global Gates Canada vision
- Become familiar with CCCC’s Charities Handbook & legalities of Canadian tax law especially as it applies to GG Canada as a charitable non-profit organization
- Become familiar with GGC’s online account with the Canadian Revenue Agency
- Other administrative tasks as needed/assigned primarily by GG Canada's Director
- Submit short monthly reports to the Global Gates Canada director
- Submit an annual report to Global Gates Canada Director and Board of Directors
- Meet or video conference with an assigned Global Gates Canada supervisor at least once a month to evaluate and strengthen your work
Administrative Assistant Characteristics
- Missionary Qualifications – must meet the general missionary qualifications required for Global Gates Canada missionaries. Agreement with these qualifications also implies direct agreement with our Family Standards.
- Visionary - the admin assistant needs to envision & suggest modification/streamlining of systems to improve the overall administrative structural effectiveness of Global Gates Canada
- Spiritually Mature - the admin assistant needs to be spiritually mature and committed to sound evangelical beliefs and practices. He or she must know and obey God’s Word and point others to the authority of God’s Word. The administrator must be a person of integrity.
- Organized - the admin assistant must be able to organize and maintain multiple streams of work simultaneously. He or she must be able to multitask
- Intentional, focused, and disciplined - the admin assistant needs to be a self-starter
- A learner - the admin assistant must be capable of learning, adapting, and leading Global Gates Canada into adopting new technology and the skills to utilize these technologies to further the mission of Global Gates Canada
- Passionate - the admin assistant must be passionate about their work as it assists in bringing the gospel to unreached people groups (UPGs)---they must strive for excellence in their role
Statement of Faith: What We Believe
Global Gates Network of Canada agrees with the statement of faith adopted by the Lausanne Covenant.
Global Gates Network of Canada seeks to reproduce disciples and churches among unreached and least-reached peoples. As a result, we will consistently focus our efforts on sharing the gospel with unreached and least-reached peoples in a way that they can understand and we will promote indigenous leadership, ministries, disciples, trainers, and churches to be birthed out of our organization.
Some of our core values include:
- Believing and trusting in God to accomplish what He desires (Is 55:10-11, Matt 6:33-34)
- Focusing ministry on unreached and least-reached peoples (Rom 15:20, Matt 28:19-20, Matt 24:14, Rev 7:9-10)
- Proclaiming the gospel in ways that it can be heard, understood, and received in one’s own cultural context (1 Cor 9:19-23)
- Doing good in the name of Jesus to all people (Gal 6:9-10)
- Starting reproducible churches (Gen 1:28, Matt 16:18, 2 Tim 2:2, Matt 24:14)
- Equipping churches and Christians to work among the unreached and least-reached (Eph 4:11-12)
- Creating synergy in ministry by partnering with like-minded organizations and people (Eph 4:1-16, 1 Cor 12:12-30, Rom 12:3-8)
- Allowing Christ to transform our worldview (Rom 12:1-2, Col 1:13)
- Following the teachings of the Bible, so as to bear fruit as followers of Christ (1 Tim 3:16; Gal 5:22-26)
- Practicing obedience-based discipleship (Matt 7:21; Luke 6:46)
For more information please contact:
Directors, Global Gates Network of Canada, www.globalgates.ca
Posted Under: International/Missions
Career ID: [ 6190 ]