Langley, British Columbia , V2x 1Y1
MB Seminary comes alongside men and women to educate, equip, and disciple them for life and ministry centered on Jesus and the Bible. MB Seminary is a Canadian ministry with an international reach and is a Mennonite Brethren ministry with multi-denominational relationships.
The Administrative/Executive Assistant is a part-time staff role that provides administrative and executive support and assistance for the President and Director of Finance.
- Executive Support to the President, Director of Finance, and Board of Directors
- Interact with MB Seminary’s constituency and partners
- Accounting, Accounts Receivables and Payables. Processing all postings and reports
- Assistance with donor records and management
- Assistance with student financial aid support
- Event Planning
- Front desk reception
- Mail management
- Management of office supplies and equipment
- File management (digital and paper)
- Coordinate meeting and travel plans as required including travel bookings
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of reports as required
- Communicate with the seminary’s constituency as required
- Manage and update Cascade
- Sets up AR and AP accounts and posts all journal entries (SAGE 300 system).
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices, checks, and substantiates business transactions.
- Receives and processes donor contributions in DonorPerfect.
- Prepares and make bank deposits.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as: funds received and disbursed; totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Posts AR and AP with respect to our ACTS and CMU partners.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Processes credit card and electronic funds transfer transactions.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Prepares invoices, checks, account statements, reports, general ledger accounts.
- Monitors student loans, accounts payable, and receivables to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles payroll and distributes payslips
- Partnering and participating with ACTS staff in ACTS events, such as graduation ceremonies, student orientation, etc.
- Booking meeting rooms and other venues
- Communicating with participants
- Booking caterers, etc.
On occasion, and as appropriate, other duties may be assigned in keeping with the overall mission of MB Seminary, and the needs of Administration, Faculty, Staff, Board and Students.
Desired Qualifications, Experience, and Personal Attributes
- Personal and vibrant Christian faith, healthy and active participation in an MB church (or willingness to become part of an MB church), and support of the Canadian Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith
- Commitment to MB Seminary’s mission, vision, values, and strategic goals, and annual agreement to the MB Seminary Community Covenant
- Commitment to personal and professional integrity, positive reputation in the community, and a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude amid a busy and complex atmosphere
- Three years of administrative experience preferred
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail and ability to multitask is an asset
- A basic knowledge of accounting principles (AR and AP experience). Working experience with Sage 300 and DonorPerfect would be an asset
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong computer skills are required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and other related computer software.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances when necessary
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to work independently and interdependently. Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Approachable, humble, patient, open to criticism, good sense of humour
Supports and Benefits
- Computer, office space, and all necessary admin supplies are provided
- Remuneration and vacation allowance based on experience
- Enrolment in the CCMBC benefits package
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Regular, predictable, and on-time attendance is an essential job function. Ability to work outside normal business hours when necessary is also essential. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen. The employee is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted Under: Administration
Career ID: [ 6192 ]