Kamloops, British Columbia
The Mustard Seed is a Christian humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community, grow hope and support change. Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services— food, clothing and housing, and support services—education and employment, to those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Swamper is required to assist the driver to pick up donated items of furniture, household goods, and other donations from residential and/or commercial outlets for sale in the store. The Swamper will also be required to assist with scheduled household moves and pickups of refuse for disposal.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading & unloading truck with donations
- Using proper loading and unloading procedures for all loads
- Help with upkeep and maintenance of truck
- Assist driver to locate address of pickup location using GPS
- Take direction and perform the duties asked of the driver with every precaution taken for that task
- Assist with various duties in the store when not busy with pickups
- Participate in all staff training (e.g. First Aid, SafeTALK or ASSIST, Nonviolence Crisis Intervention, etc.) and attend meetings as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience with customer service would be an asset
- Team player—ability to work well with others
- Ability to follow direction
- Familiar with WorkSafe BC regulations for work place safety
- Valid Driver’s License would be an asset
- Part-time position required to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. working up to 24 hours per week
- This position will include heavy lifting and moving furniture both outdoors and indoors
- Frequent physical effort and must be able to lift 25 pounds
- The position will require ongoing compassionate care, frequent manual labor, conflict resolution and organizational ability
- This position is often fast-paced, and requires substantial mental effort to analyze information and problem solve
- Considerable periods of standing, walking, indoors and outdoors
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Start date: once a suitable candidate is found
Apply online using our Position Application Form on our Careers page. (https://themustardseedhr.wufoo.eu/forms/position-application-form/)
Posted Under: Miscellaneous
Career ID: [ 6204 ]