Toronto, Ontario , M4R 1H2
St. Clement’s is a growing church in North Toronto where a diverse group of people is learning how to follow Jesus Christ. The successful candidate will join a dynamic staff team serving a healthy, creative and vibrant church in a growing neighbourhood.
Position Title: Children’s Minister
Purpose of the Position: To form children in the Christian faith by providing relevant and age-appropriate programming, teaching, and pastoral care, in the context of a Family Ministries team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Nursery Minister, Youth Minister and Associate Priest for Parents and Families to create a cohesive vision for Family Ministries.
• Recruit, train, and mentor Children’s Ministry volunteer leaders.
• Develop pastoral relationships with children.
• Maintain healthy relationships and frequent communication with parents of children.
• Prepare curriculum and lead Sunday morning programming.
• Ensure visibility of children throughout parish community through common worship, intergenerational activities, and special events (e.g., Oktoberfest, Mardi Gras).
• Facilitate K101 (Christianity 101 for Kids) course, as part of our Tuesdays at St. Clement’s evenings.
• Plan and lead key kids’ events such as the Ash Wednesday release day and Festival of Light (Christmas Pageant).
• Administration (e.g., Responsible Ministry: Screening in Faith; manage budget; track and review attendance; organize supplies and curriculum; space set-up and care; manage registration and database, etc.).
• Participate fully as an active member of the staff team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
• A baptized follower of Jesus who worships regularly with a church community.
• Passionate about the spiritual formation and discipleship of children, with a firm grasp of the relevant philosophical and pedagogical approaches.
• On-the-ground experience working with children in a ministry setting.
• A person with initiative who is able to plan and implement innovative programming.
• Passionate about leadership development with experience developing leaders.
• Strong communications skills, including fluency with social media.
• Excited about collaborating with a strong team.
• Legally eligible to work in Canada.
• Compensation package: competitive salary, pension and benefits.
• 20 hours per week, with a focus on Sundays (morning) and Tuesdays (afternoon and evening). However, due to the nature of the work, some weeks will involve more hours, which will be balanced with fewer hours other weeks. The most concentrated periods of work are Advent/Christmas, Lent/Holy Week, and September.
• This position reports, initially, to the Rector and, eventually, to the Associate Priest for Parents and Families.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the Rector at email@example.com. The application deadline is Friday, January 18, 2019. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Under: Pastoral - Children's Ministries
Career ID: [ 6236 ]