Pastor French Ministry
Pastor French Ministry
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Outside Canada/International
To give pastoral leadership to the IEC French congregation through preaching, pastoral counselling, leadership development and mobilizing all members in active ministry.
The French congregation is a ministry of the International Evangelical Church, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, which serves the International French community in Ethiopia. It assembles believers in Christ, men, women and children who mostly come from French speaking countries across Africa. Currently the French congregation has members from seventeen nations.
These internationals are in Ethiopia mainly for work assignment reasons in Embassies and International Organizations. The congregation is composed of Christians from different denominational backgrounds and the IEC French congregation respects the diverse traditions and expressions of faith which are in harmony with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the IEC statement of faith.
The current pastor of French ministry is retiring after more than 20 years at IEC.
- Provide for the preaching ministry of the French congregation so that it has continuity and is theologically sound and balanced in accordance with the doctrine of the IEC as stated in the IEC constitution.
- Plan worship services for the French congregation.
- Provide for pastoral counselling and congregational care.
- Prepare candidates for baptism and membership in IEC.
- Serve the IEC in the ongoing development of leaders for the French congregation.
- Assume an active role in mentoring individuals who have potential to become congregational leaders.
Mobilizing for active ministry
- facilitate the mobilizing of all members in keeping the vision and being active in ministry
- facilitate regular meeting of and communication between ministries within the French congregation
- Motivate and lead the French congregation to greater commitment and active service
- give leadership to a Christian education program for all ages within the French congregation
- develop outreach contracts with Francophone internationals
- serve the IEC by working in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and other pastors and leadership of IEC
- reports to the Senior Pastor of IEC
- relates to the French Leadership Committee, IEC Elders, IEC ministry staff
- minimum of undergraduate studies in theology, pastoral ministry and/or related fields (graduated studies preferred)
- significant pastoral experience as noted in responsibilities above, including preaching (French and English), and annual sermon planning
- demonstrated flexibility and openness to serving an international, intercultural and interdenominational congregation.
- ordination with a national/international evangelical church body.
- affiliation with a “sending” church or mission organization.
(This position is funded at local compensation levels. Depending on personal need, further personal support may need to be raised by the successful applicant.)
Please provide a cover letter (Word or PDF) outlining your unique fit to this opportunity, including your motivation in seeking it; and, your current resume/CV.
Please send both documents by email to French Ministry Search Committee c/o Pastor David Ryttersgaard to firstname.lastname@example.org please quote ‘Application French Ministry’ in the subject line.
Posted Under: Pastoral
Career ID: [ 6269 ]